Chapter Sixteen

Charlie's POV

I can't say I'm fond of small spaces like tunnels. But I couldn't complain, this was for our safety. I mean, it's not like one of those crawl spaces kids were forced into when America didn't care about children's safety. Well, didn't care at all.

When we were walking, I was sure I heard music playing, it sounded like The Bear Necessities from The Jungle Book 1967 but it was really faded and echo-y so I couldn't tell if it was from the tunnels or above us.

"Where's that music comin' from?" I guess Bendy could hear it too.

"Baloo and his friends. It's almost always a party down here!" Tiana said.

I almost wanted to ask if we could pop in to one of those large doors that probably concealed Disney's creations just to dance with them. But we had to focus on the task at hand.

I glanced up at Tiana, right now she was explaining something about the parks history to Bendy. I couldn't help but wonder if she was chosen to escort us on purpose; Tiana's film took place in the same time period Bendy was born in after all. Maybe it was so Bendy would be comfortable with someone that actually understood what he was saying. Smart thinking if you ask me.

Then something occurred to me. Mr. Red Glasses seemed to know Jim, and Peter Pan and Stitch. And if characters like Tiana and Jim and Mulan exist past Father Disney's death that meant there were still people creating them. That probably meant the Cast Members all knew about the characters existence; Mulan knew my parents names after all... so if that's the case then...

"Miss Tiana...?"

"Yes sugar?" she looked at me.

"Do my parents know you? I-I mean do they know characters personally? Like talk to them and stuff?" I asked.

"Of course, I'm pretty sure I know everyone by now!"

So basically... my parents knew the Disney characters existed... and they didn't tELL ME! Mama and Dad are in for one hell of an argument when I see them...

"Tiana?" a familiar voice came by.

We had passed another large door that was gold colored and labeled 'Princesses', when Cinderella herself peeked out and called for Tiana. She wasn't in her glamorous ball gown but rather, pretty modern, casual attire.

"Yes, Cindy?" Tiana sounded a little annoyed.

"Where have you been, we've been looking all over for—oh!"

Cinderella jumped back, startled the second she laid her eyes on Bendy, who was staring at her a little awestruck.

"Are you Cinderella? I'm Bendy! One of my ol' pals told me about you, you're amazin'!" He told her.

"I-I'm Charlie Baudelaire, nice to meet you..."

On instinct, I bowed to her out of respect. I felt awkward and stupid but what was I supposed to do? She was royalty after all. Mama was so lucky to play as her!

"Y-Yes... Tiana, may I speak with you?" Cinderella looked worried.

I heard Tiana breathe in with a look in her eye; an action I'd seen on Sara's face more times than I'd like to admit.

"You two wait here for a second."

She went behind the door with Cinderella, soon after I heard unintelligible yelling between the two, more voices from multiple girls joining in one by one; I guess all the princesses were getting into the argument. Bendy and I stood awkwardly hand-in-hand, backing against the wall the second we heard the sound of things crashing.