Lagos

My bedroom door flew open, as I read the books.
'Y/n! Y/n are you in here?' Peter screamed in to the room, startling me.
'Peter!' I yelled back, jumping over to him.
'Y/n, oh my god, I thought I lost you again and I-.' I cut his rambling, and tightly hug him. He whispers.
'I thought I lost you.' Still gripping him tightly, I whisper back.
'I'm here now.' We pull away from each other, laughing shakily.
'That lady... She was weird. Mr. Stark said that she apologised but I think he just said that to make me feel better...' He tries to explain what happened, his slightly raspy voice slowly softening. His chocolate button eyes never stray away from mine, as I slowly lose myself in them. Smiling contently at him, I suddenly snapped back in to reality.
'...what was that book you were reading?' He asks, as I only just realised he was still wearing his suit.
'I don't know, Wong gave it to me.' I reply, following him in to the room. He picks up one of the books, and flicks through the pages, puzzled.
'I don't get it, the pages are blank?' Blinking, I take the book from him. It looked fine, the subtly shimmering letters lined neatly in to paragraphs.
'What do you mean, there right here?' I point to the page, as he rolls his eyes.
'Haha, very funny y/n.'  Frowning at him, I fumble through the pages. How could he not see them? Was this just a prank he was playing?
'Really, you can't see anything?'
'I'm being serious, I think we should go show the others.' Sighing, I nod. He steps to the door, his suit tightly hugging his abs. I feel a hot flush invade my neck, as I tear my eyes away. He turns back around, tilting his head.
'Are you coming or not?'
'Y-Yeah, let's go.'
Smooth, y/n. Very smooth.

Jogging in to the Living Room, Steve turns to face me.
'You all packed, y/n?' Crap.
'Not yet, we just need to show you guys something.' I state, as all of the Avengers turn to face Peter and I. Bruce and Thor were still not here, strange. Peter flips the book to show them, and they all knit their brows.
'Kid, why are you showing us a blank book?' Tony asks, pouring himself another glass of whiskey.
'It's not blank! You see it, right Steve?' Pointing to Steve, he shakes his head. When Vision pipes up.
'Who gave you that book?'
I answer, grinning.
'Stephen Strange.' Vision sighs, before looking to Tony.
'She can control an infinity stone, Mr. Stark.' Tony's jaw dropped.
'Kids, private moment.' All six of us kids groaned, before trusting in to our shared room. Damien slams the door, before diving in to an explanation.
'Infinity stones! Do you guys know what this means!'
'I think you know the answer.' Oliver admitted, although obviously intrigued.
'The infinity stones, the most powerful things in the entire universe!' Damien exaggerated, as I pulled out a backpack. Shoving in a handgun, $20, 2 water bottles, Peter eyes what I was doing. As I swing it on to my shoulder, he asks nervously.
'Where are you going y/n?'
Turning, I guiltily smile at him.
'I'm going on a mission, to Lagos. I'll be with Steve, Sam, Wanda and Natasha, so I'll be fine.'
They all stare at their feet, before Ashley speaks up.
'Just be safe.'
Damien continues.
'Don't take too many risks.'
Oliver chimes.
'But don't get in trouble.'
Peter finished.
'Please, just stay safe.' They all wave sadly, as I softly shut the door behind me.

'... she has the same amount of power as an infinity stone, and she hasn't even trained yet.'
'I know, it's just not a good idea to pressure her. She's still just a kid.'
Rolling my eyes at their 'adult conversation' I call down the corridor.
'Are you guys ready to go?'
Steve answers.
'Good to go, kid! Meet us on the roof!'
No one could prepare us for the shitstorm that was heading our way.