40. Only Then pt2

"Do you think fish can fall in love?"

I lift my head up and I roll over, feeling the blood rush into my head after lying down with my head hanging over the edge of the bed. It takes me a few seconds to get used to standing up and when I finally feel okay, I look at Jungkook, who's looking at me in curiosity.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What?" he looks insulted. "I'm just asking a question!"

"Do I think fish can fall in love? Do I think fish can fall in love?! Are you absolutely out of your mind? What do you think people think about all day? Dude, I have exams to fail, an ex to get over and friends that I'm gonna end up losing. You think I can care about if fish fall in love?"

"Well, I'm pretty sure fish don't give a shit about your feelings either," he deadpans.

"Why do you ask such stupid questions Kook?" I chuckle.

"Because I had a lot of time to think about stupid shit before you."

And yet again, I am reminded of him not having anyone other than me. Even though his question was both stupid and ridiculous, it was a question and I was a bitch. I know his feelings aren't hurt but still...

"I am absolutely sure fish fall in love," I say as I fall back down on the bed, looking at him from upside down as he leans over me. "I am absolutely sure they spend their lives swimming around and avoiding hooks, searching for their better half. And when they swim into them, I think they fall in love at first sight. Like boom, right there – love. Together, bam."

"You think they stay loyal or sleep around?"

"Oh, absolutely," I smile when he starts laughing. "They are loyal fuckers. They found their fish and they fish kiss and have fish sex and have lots of fish babies."

"Um... you do know it doesn't work that way, right?"

"Shhh, don't kill the romance," I shush him, once again, grinning when he starts giggling. "They build their little fish house and live in fish sin until the man fish decides to put a ring on it, because that's what a true gentlefish does."

"And they live happily ever after?" he asks.

"Of course they do. Fish fish for life."

"But what happens if one of them gets caught and ends up in a seafood restaurant?" he asks.

"Romance lives," I shake my head. "The fishy that remains stays loyal to their fishy soul mate. To that fishy, it's better to be alone than to ever bother to try to find a replacement."

"God, I hope you're right," he sighs, falling back down on the bed and rolling to be in the same position like I am, with his head hanging over the edge of the bed. "Fish deserve that and so much more."

"Not just fish. But maybe fish are just lucky."

...

This is not how it should have been like.

No way, this is not how it should have been like. We should have had more time. No way, no way. He never would have left me hanging like this, not when he knows what I would think and...

They told me we have seven days. We have five more days! It wasn't supposed to be today!

It was not supposed to be today.