The Price

an: So this one is kind of bad, but it's an update cause I'm bored and have nothing better to do. Its 3 in the morning where I am, I can't sleep which is bad because I have my last swim meet in this age division before I age up, but lucky I have been dropping lots of time. In my IM yesterday, I dropped over 7 seconds from my best time (and I haven't been able to go to practice in about two weeks!) so I'm excited. This is a long an (I am distracting you from the terrible story).
Okay. Have fun!
//////

"You wanted to be a hero. Well now you gotta pay the price."

Peter had paid the price. He lost his parents. Watched his uncle die in his arms. Watched the city of New York be ripped apart by aliens, only to be saved by the Avengers.

The Avengers.

That was what every kid dreamed of. Being a hero.

It's what Peter dreamed of.

The day he got bit, the day his life changed, he made a silent wish that he could be a hero too- that he could help the world. He never expected anything to happen. Ask any kid what they wanted to he when they grew up, chance was "an Avenger!" would be the most popular answer.

He never expected his wish to come true. He was one kid of hundreds. Why him?

So Peter became a hero. Maybe not as well known as Iron Man or Captain America, but he had seen people dress up as him for Halloween, seen people walk around in Spiderman t-shirts.

And he had paid the price. He defeated the Vulture, nearly died under a building. He was bullied. He ended up dying for fluff's sake. That seemed a pretty heavy price already. He thought he had already paid the price for wanting to help people.

Then he lost May. A drunk driver. May died before the ambulance could arrive. leaving Peter orphaned once again.

He wanted to be a hero- he did pay the price.

So why couldn't he just live his life in peace for once?

Because he wanted to save lives. Make the world a better place. As soon as people see something beautiful, they crush it. Fate, destiny- whatever you want to call it, was the same way.

Because he wanted to be a hero.
And he still needs to pay the price.

For wanting to help.
For wanting to save lives.

He wanted to be a hero- well how he has to pay the price.