Break Tradition (Simba x Lion Reader)

Laying your head down upon your paws, your tail flicks back and forth across the bleached Savannah pride rock stone. You lie at the bed of the rock, where your pride thrives in the heat and in the cave that you all dwell in at night. A yawn escapes your mouth. With ears flicking back and forth listening to the various sounds coming from all angles. A zebra calls for its foal a sprint away and the spindly white and black thing comes hopping and slipping towards its mother. You watch with a warm smile. It was truly adorable.

A mighty roar of one that could only belong to the royal kin of your pride erupts in front of you. Simba, stands in full glory. His red mane basking in the sunlight while his mother stands proud at his side. You were born the same time as him. Albeit a few days later but nonetheless you grew up together. All though you had never truly spoken, for you weren't the one whom was arranged to commit the mating ceremony with the ruling male of the Pride Lands. That title belonged to Nala. And Nala filled the title well, although all the females were well aware of the male she was staying with on the side. His name was Kai and to be quite honest you wouldn't be surprised if she ends up having Cubs for him instead of your King.

You close your eyes basking in the sunlight. Just as you are about to doze off a shadow crosses you and stands firm before your sleeping body. You resist a growl feeling a strong presence and instead open your eyes lazily. You only see massive paws but upon raising your head you meet the golden gaze of Simba. "Yes, your highness?" You yawn and raise your to sit and meet his gaze. He looks you up and down before opening his mouth and closing it again. He shakes his head as if frustrated and then begins to speak in that mesmerizing voice...

"Uh, I was wondering if you have seen Nala, Miss...." he tilts his head not knowing your name. "Y/N you reply and stand up swinging your tail. "I'll go retrieve her sir, I'm sure there is nothing to worry about" you begin to walk away your slender shape fading away and his gaze lost on you.

You walk to the watering hole and underneath a few trees you hear the playful growls and all to familiar giggles of Nala and Kai. You and the other lionesses had been subject to getting Nala when she was needed on Pride Rock. All of you were bound to secrecy.

You stride carefully towards the indulgent two. Upon hearing your steps Kai snaps his gaze towards you and Nala quite tiredly averts her attention from Kai to your form as well. "Princess Nala your presence has been requested by his majesty" you bow her head in recognition and she all but yawns. "Pesky thing." She hums and licks Kai on the nose before standing up and doing a long stretch. "All right little one you may run along. No need for you here" Kai waves you off with a flick of his paw and you happily oblige. Not wanting to be next nor near the cheating couple. You begin the short trek back to pride rock, no doubt Nala yielding her travel to stay with Kai.

It was only when you noticed the familiar yellow eyes and red mane stalking amongst the dry grass that you became worried. Quickly, you searched for sight of Nala but found none. You picked up your pace, you didn't want to be tangled in a royal love debate let alone one that was arranged to be committed to so soon.

Your trot becomes thundered out at the steady thrum of heavy paws. You glance back and see Simba charging towards you like a wildebeest. A quick yelp escapes your snout and you sprint towards pride rock. I didn't want any of this! You skid around a tree and change direction due to a herd of zebras. You hadn't enough time to push through them not now when the king was hot in your tail.

You continue to bound across the Savannah, your mind races ahead of you and soon enough you forget where you are. Your back is pressed against a wall of rock with a prowling angry male stalking towards you. "Who was Nala with" he growls low and fierce. Your breathing becomes uncontrollable. "W-who?" You stammer unsure of whether to keep your promise or break it. "Who was Nala with" he repeats growling low. You gulp down your growing anxiety and focus on a patch of grass. "Tell ME" he roars and pounces upon you. He pins your frame between his two paws while he glares down at you with ferociousness. Taking a deep breath you explain the history of Kai and Nala, how she met him on a day out hunting, he was male who had been thrown out of the pride simply because there could be no more males than the Royals. You told the poor King of how Nala had been seeing Kai when she was supposedly meant to be in love with him. The longer you spoke the more evident t became he had come to love her.

"Sorry" he murmurs and drops back to all fours. He stumbles away from you and collapses near a stream under a canopy of leaves. His heavy breathing distresses you and you take cautious steps towards his melancholy form. Lying beside him, but leaving enough space so your not touching. "Sir, perhaps ruling alone would be wise until you meet the female you want to betroth" I glance sidelong at him and he all by lays his head on his paws and heaves a sigh. "It's not that easy Y/N, I have to have a mate by the time the full moon rises. It's a sacred thing. And now I won't. Now I'm just gonna be a failure" he covers his face with his paws and whimpers softly. You heave a sigh and push past your boundaries by moving closer to him and pressing your body against his. You wrap a paw around his mane and say reassuringly. "Perhaps Tradition can be broken"

***

Eight months later your belly is swollen with the weight a cub. Simba gazes at you with adoration upon his position on the rock. You chuckle happily and lay down on your side all too tired to keep standing. "Won't be long now" he says and nuzzles our snout. You can't help but smile close your eyes, leaning back against the flaming stone. His eyes fixate in you as he too lays beside you. You can hear Nala padding away from your sleeping form and can't help but smile. Ever since it was discovered she and Kai had become more than friends you and Simba had been a source of comfort for each other. Eventually you two became more than friends and hence the month due birth of a hopefully healthy cub. The pair of you wrap your tails together creating an intricate knot of love.

A month and a half later your son is held above pride rock before all the animals of the Savannah. Simba and you watch with proud parental emotions listening to the music that the animals of the Kingdom create. Simba looks towards you with a gleeful smile. You lick his snout in affection and lean into his side.

"I'm glad we broke tradition"

A/N
Welp hope you like it. I ain't got much to say and I'm really tired so goodnight y'all!!

-AA

(Unedited)