Chapter 35

I was on an escalator, coming back from my flight terminal, and going to pick up my checked bags, and I fell down the fucking escalator.

Let me tell you, ESCALATORS are SO MUCH MORE PAINFUL THAN STAIRS.

Because it KEEPS FUCKING MOVING AND ITS LIKE BEING GANG-BANGED BY THESE MOVING STAIRS AND IT HURTS

But it's okay, the only thing that was injured  was my pride.

***
2 weeks later

"Relax your arm, Cal. Stop being so stiff." Sebastian muttered, watching as I fired 6 rounds into a target.

We had been sneaking into the compound everyday for the past 2 weeks to practice training. I had been working at least 6 hours a day, practicing shooting, fighting, and self defense.

The rest of my time, I spent at home, utilizing the gym to get myself into shape. I actually used the gym, it was a big shocker.

"You're getting better." Gabriel said, setting out more targets.

"Thanks mom." I said softly, loading the magazine into the pistol.

2 weeks of constant training was paying off. Sinister had sent Gabriel (my mother) and Sebastian to keep me company, so I enlisted them to be my personal trainers.

I hadn't seen Sinister in 2 fucking weeks. And maybe that was a good thing. I needed to take my mind off of all distractions.

"You're still a skinny twig though." Gabriel muttered, taping up the last target.

I pulled a knife from my boot pocket, aiming it at him.

"Are you body shaming me, mom? I thought that parenting book helped you overcome that." I held the metal in my hand.

Gabriel grinned, holding his hands up, "sorry pumpkin, I keep forgetting."

"No worries, creator."

"What's the point of the knifes anyways?" He asked calmly, starting at the deadly metal I gripped in my hands.

I shrugged, "the knifes are useful. People are so busy staring at them, that they don't notice the gun I'm holding, until I've already shot them."

I held a gun in my other hand, and Sebastian barked out into laughter as Gabriel had just noticed the gun I was holding.

I forced a smile, sliding the knife back into my boot. Mom smirked, rubbing his hands through his sweat glistened caramel hair.

"You sneaky fuck. You're still a pussy. You're body kill count is like what? One? Lame." Mom snorted.

That's righttttt. I killed Brie. That nasty whore.

"I'm getting better." I pouted, folding my arms in front of my chest.

Sebastian chuckled, sitting on the wall of the compounds basement.

"You are" he grinned "as I recall, the first time you shot that gun, you put a bullet in a bag of weed, and the ceiling."

"That ceiling was a motherfucker and had it coming."

I grinned, pulling a blunt out of my pocket and sparking it up to calm my nerves.

It was a nasty habit I decided to take up. It calmed me down, kept me focused.

I breathed out a cloud of smoke.

Gabriel grinned, shaking his head as he motioned for me to pass the blunt, taking in a massive hit and breathing the smoke into my face.