I will not Marry her!

Michael turned around angrily and whipped the chair, breaking it on the stone wall. His six brothers all looked at each other with dismay, not saying a single word. They were relieved that it was him and not they, that was promised to the Princess of Bruce Castle.

"I will not marry her!" Michael roared angrily. "Father had no bussiness making a deal with Chief Douglas Alexander of Bruce Castle! I will choose myself whom I wish to marry, I will not allow father or anyone else in the world to choose my bride!"

"You will marry her! It is your responsibity to keep the promise your late father made two hundred years ago, in order to unite our kingdoms and bring peace among our land! Do you wish for war my son?" Lidia asked cleverly, knowing that her son was a very wise man, and ran his kingdom as chief, and leader to his people with strength and nobility. She knew that in the end, he would do the right thing.

Michael closed his eyes, and took a deep inhalation of breath. His mother was right, he must keep the promise his father made before he died, to chief Douglas Alexander, but he had no idea who Princess Kyra was. It was whispered among his warriors, that they had seen her ten years ago, when she had just turned twelve summers, and she was short and fat, and had pimples marked on her face! Who knows what she looked like now!

"Send word to Chief Douglas Alexander, that I am willing to meet his daughter on our land, we can have a festival in her honor, mayhap that will please her father and he can withdraw the penalties he has placed on our lands." Michael said, and he took another inhalation of breath, and said, "Mother, notify the servants to prepare a grand feast, send out invitations, and invite everyone of importance. Announce in the invitations that there will be a grand masquerade ball on the first day of the festivities in the courtyard, and let it be known that the festivities will last a whole week, and at the end of the week I will announce that I will take Princess Kyra as my betrothed." He almost choked on the last word, and his brothers pitied him, and were glad that it was him and not them that had to marry the princess.

Lidia gave her son a warm hug, "You're doing the right thing son, your father would have been proud of you!" She said, and Michael saw tears in her eyes before she turned and walked away.

All his brothers sighed with relief when all was said and done, and as they filed out of the library, his younger brother couldn't help but say, "Mayhap when you kiss her, all the warts will disappear from her face!" And all his brothers burst with laughter and exited the room just in time to avoid getting hit with the goblet that came flying in the air behind them.

Alone in the library, Michael was seething with anger. He threw himself against the wall and dropped all the way down to the stone floor, and placed his face in his huge hands. Life is not fair, he thought, miserably. When his father died, all the responsibilities fell on him, because he was the first born. One would think that his twin brother Edward would share some of the responsibilities, but the courts voted for him solely to take the position, arguing that he was older by three minutes, therefore it is his place and birthright to rule the kingdom.

Please please vote and comment, and thanks a million!!!! Xoxoxxoxxoxxo