How to steal a popsicle

[Sorry I've been away so long guys. A close family member has been going through a health scare (still is really) so I've not had time to write till now]

Thor returned to the room that had been made for him years ago. The party had been wonderful and was a good chance for the returned Jarvis to socialize. However it was what the young spider has revealed to them that had Thor in a thoughtful mood.

Durring Anthony's recuperation the world had discovered secrets about what had happened. The world at large were calling out for their rogue comrades blood. Even the children had cast them aside, there were many videos showing such things.

The people of the world have rallied around Anthony Stark, even those whom do not like him have come to his side. It saddened Thor to know how foolish his comrades were but also glad that he now had the wisdom to not follow their path.

********************************

Tony sat on his couch in his penthouse, Jarvis sitting right beside him with a hand on his arm, as he stared at the television in shock. Peter had gone home and Pepper was instructing clean up over Stan's retirement party. Peter told them about the videos, about how angry everyone is at the Rogues.

Tony was shocked by this.

After being the scapegoat for so long he had forgotten what it was like to have people side with him. Jarvis sat silently beside him as they both watched the new anchor go over the videos of the team. Looking at it from an outside perspective made it easier for Tony to see the signs of abuse.

Snapped comments about how egotistical he is, how he should pay for this or that, how he should work harder for the team, and about how he should be 'better'. The team taking verbal tabs at him while lounging in HIS tower eating the food HE bought.

They were never a team.
Most definitely not friends.
He was just the unknowing sugar daddy to a group of leeches.

Tony shook the thought away, he didn't need to think about them. He wouldn't admit it aloud but back then, during the expo, he had been vulnerable. So much so that he didn't see shield manipulating him into being their payroll, their scapegoat. They did their best to mold him into what they wanted.

At this moment, something clicked in Tony's head and he sucked in a sharp breath.

If they did it to him, would they do it to some else? Someone who is a lot more vulnerable then he was?

"Sir? Are you alright?" Jarvis asked looking concerned. Tony turned to look at him, his mouth running before he could think on his words.

"If they did this to me what if they do this to someone else? They've already got someone vulnerable enough for it..."

Jarvis blinked before frowning a bit.

"Are...you speaking of Mr.Barnes?"
Tony nodded, turning to glare at the TV.

"He may have killed my parents, but no one deserves that..."

"Do you wish to help him? After what happened?"

"To be honest J, yes. I know he's not at fault, I'm more angry with Rogers than I am with Barnes. It'll take time before I can face Barnes without freaking out though...."

Jarvis only nodded his head, putting his arm around Tony's shoulder, and pulled him closer.

**********************************

Shuri's beads began to chime but as she swiped over them no face appeared. Instead she was greeted by a woman with a Scottish accent.

"Hello Princess Shuri, I understand you have one James Barnes with you?"

Shuri, and the guards near her, froze in shock but the woman continued to speak before they could comment.

"I have a proposal for you, a way to help Sergeant Barnes while keeping the...Pests in the dark."

Shuri looked to Okeye, who was already beyond her limit with the stupidity of their guests, they nodded to each other.

"You have my attention."

Some time later, when Steve came to visit his friend, he could not see through the glass window that would have shown Bucky's face. When he asked about it they told him that was normal after being frozen so long and to not worry. Steve took their word for it and began to tell Bucky about how they would save the world together, not knowing that his friend was no longer there.

When James Barnes woke he was not where he had been before he slept. He found himself in what looked like a modern hospital room. Princess Shuri was there along with Tchalla. Shuri smiled at him,

"Rise and shine scruffy puppy, it's time to get you fixed up."

Bucky frowned in confusion as Tchalla gave his sister a confused but resigned look.

"Do I even want to know how you came up with that one?" Tchalla asked. Shuri laughed and responded in a sing song tone.

"No you don't~"

Tchalla rolled his eyes before looking to Bucky.

"We were given an offer and after ensuring that it was offered for the right reasons we accepted. At the moment you are in a New York rehabilitation center for war victims and those afflicted with PTSD. They have a new treatment that should be able to remove the triggers."

It sounded...fantastic to Bucky, hope seeped into his chest at Tchalla's words. He looked at the man and asked him,
"What's the treatment?"

Shuri began to giggle as Tchalla chuckled himself.

"Apparently it's acronym is BARF."

[Did I use the right word? Acronym? Let me know please]