Chapter 3

A few seconds had passed but there was no movement from the other side. Qing Wu gestured the disciples to stay back and he walked towards the figure trying to grab his shoulder. But who knew, the moment he reached out his hand, it was violently pulled and his body was pushed into the stream,

"Splash!"

The drenched Qing Wu was stunned at the man's strength and speed. He didn't even have the time to react!

The said man was still silently seated on the rock but his head tilted towards Qing Wu. The disciples were brought back from their trance as they drew their swords, but before they could take a step forward they heard a soul stirring voice, "White Phoenix?"

The voice was more like a spell in everyone's ears. They were rooted to their spots staring at the man in awe.

"We are from the GuangluQing sect. Who are you? Don't you know how dangerous the nights are in this village?" Qing Wu sounded quite irritated as he got up.

Dressed in white in the middle of the night like a lost ghost! We almost had a heart attack! Are you trying to send us to our graves?! The disciples wanted to scream at the mysterious man but they kept their mouths shut.

"Is it okay for you to be here?" The man asked without a speck of emotion in his voice.

"Huh?" Qing Wu had no idea what this man was trying to get at. He spoke again calmly but there was clearly anger hinted on his voice as he pointed his sword at the man, "I asked you a question! Are you deaf? Take off your hat and reveal yourself!"

"You mustn't point swords at commoners." The man replied.

Commoner my ass! Go and tell that to someone who has soil in their brains! Qing Wu inwardly cursed.

Unconsciously or not, Qing Wu was starting to lose his composure in front of this stranger. His patience was wearing thin. He couldn't help it! Who was this man? What was he doing here? All sort of questions stirred around Qing Wu's brain. This man was dangerous. Was he powerful? Qing Wu had no idea because he didn't sense the man's cultivation. He could see that the man was definitely experienced in martial arts.

He was pretty much a commoner in everyone's eyes but his atmosphere didn't say so. Its like he said earlier, only people with soil in their brains would believe such a lie. Though, it can be his imagination. After all, men with exceptional auras among commoners can be an acceptable occurrence.

There was a strange feeling nudging at his heart as he saw the man's head focused at his direction. Oblivious to the man's previous behavior there was a deep chuckling sound heard from within the hat as the man finally answered,

"I'm Xu Yang. I came here to collect herbs. Look here." He took out a small basket with medical herbs that had been laying at the side of his figure which no one had noticed.

"There was this grandma at the village who wanted to come here to collect these but she was pretty old and no one was there to help her. So I lent her a hand to collect these herbs. But I didn't know the way back to the village since I came here yesterday and had no idea about the roads. I could only wait here. I didn't know when but I had fallen asleep without noticing. How long have you been here?"

Sleep?! No wonder he didn't budge at all...

...However, can someone sleep with such a straight posture?

Weird!

Qing Wu let out a sigh of relief because he knew Xu Yang was speaking the truth but he still couldn't trust him completely. He couldn't forget the strange feeling he had been having since the moment he felt Xu Yang's presence. It was the same for the other disciples but they didn't think too much.