Alternate Chapter 1~

[Travis' POV]

My foot tapped against the carpet, the room silent.

The people gathered here were definitely an interesting bunch, myself included to be honest.

I like that dark edgy one with the bangs.

Of course you would.

I sighed, my elbow resting on my thigh, holding up my hand.

I looked around the room, the people all resting similar to me. The meeting starts in a few minutes.

Just then, the door creaked open, and someone with raven hair and a mask on, his vibrant blue eye mesmerising.

It took all my willpower not to make my jaw drop.

He's.... so hot.

For once I didn't silence the inner demon.

The meeting started.

"Welcome! Please, take a seat. You're the last person we're waiting on, so we'll go ahead and get started!" Melody, the psychologist of this place, soothes. The person who just entered sits down in the only empty chair in the room. "My name is Melody, and welcome to our group session!! First, we'll all go around the room and introduce ourselves." Melody nods to the person next to her, and he starts.

"Hi, my name's Virgil." He says quietly, and looks to the next person. He seems nervous.

He should be.

"Laurance." The man next to him says, nervously drumming his fingers against his leg.

"Mine's Sarah." The girl says, not meeting anyone's eye. Just by the small taste of her accent, I can tell she's British.

"Max." The ginger next to me says, his face scrunched up as if he's mad.

"Travis." I state clearly, trying to convey as little about me as possible.

"The name's Wolf." The very buff man sitting between me and the hot man.

The man mumbles something I can't hear, and the instructor looks at him with a patient smile.

"One more time?"

"Zane." He repeat louder, and she smiles.

Zane? That's a hot name.

"Perfect!! Now, I'm going to need you all to do something for me. Can you all tell me your stories? We will all be getting to know each other better over these sessions, and you'll all see you have more in common than you think." The room all collectively nods, knowing this was going to be a tough session, mostly involving many tissues. "Max, how about you go first?"

He nods, looking around the room. "I was going ice skating on a lake, when the ice broke and I fell through and began to slowly sink." He looks down. "I tried to swim up, but the ice skates were dragging me down. Suddenly, my friend pulled me up from the lake, and now I can't look at him without remembering what happened." I could tell he's trying to choke back a sob.

Melody looks at him with sadness in his eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry. Virgil, why don't you go now?"

Virgil looked down, mumbling something.

"What was that?" Melody said, going to kneel in front of him. Virgil whispered something in her ear. "Oh dear. I'm so sorry. I can understand why you felt uncomfortable saying that out loud. Anyway," Melody sits back in her seat. "How about we have Laurance go next?"

"Well, my father wasn't the best. My mother had died one day, and he had... blamed it on me. One day he.. threw me out onto the road, and I was almost hit." Laurance finishes, and the entire room is silent, almost feeling the pavement on our sides. His was bad.

Melody nods slowly, then looks at Sarah, and Sarah looks at Travis. "So. I guess it's my turn. I'm sure you all know now that I'm British, so I was coming to visit one of my friends in America and I was flying there, when suddenly there was some turbulence, and we started to go down rapidly. Suddenly we crashed down in the place, and the plane was on fire and.... I had broken one of my legs..." She stops. "I was the only survivor of the plane crash... And one of my other good friends was coming with me..." She sobs. The whole room is silent for a bit, before Melody starts back up again.

"Well, we'll have Wolf go now."

Wolf gives a short curt nod before beginning. "I'm a genetic mutation." Was all he said, and the room stayed silent.

"Oh." Melody says, before looking at me. "Ready Zane?"

Zane rolls his eyes sarcasically,

"Travis, why don't you go?" Melody asks, clearly wanting to get rid of the tension.

I nod. "Well, I think you'll need some background first. My father is a criminal, and he wasn't very good to me and my mother. So one day, he came back from the bar, and pulled out a knife from the kitchen cabinet, and came up to my bedroom, where my mother was just reading me a story and.." I stop, sniffling and looking down. The pain was too much. "And he tried to stab me, but ended up stabbing my mother instead..." My eyes well up with tears, the pain becoming too much for me to bear. Everyone was speechless after I finished my story, and I slowly got up and left.