Chapter 39-Edited

Chapter 39

Elizabeth's POV

It's been about two weeks since Zack and Patrick passed away. Since then, things have been pretty quiet and uneventful. I'm really thankful for that though since I don't think I could handle anything else.

Ryder let Carter join the pack which made me really happy. Carter has been able to fit into the pack really well and a lot of people see him as a hero because he helped me. Of course he's humble about it, but I honestly can't thank him enough for what he's done.

Carter told me his story and how he met Patrick on our way back home. It wasn't a long story, but the memories have obviously left a huge impact on him. I don't blame him though since I'm sure I would have gone insane if I was in his position.

Apparently they met while Carter was a teenager. Carter had just met his mate and the two of them were happy together. This is where Patrick comes along and ruins everything.

At this time, Patrick was looking for more people to join his 'pack' so he could be more powerful. Patrick saw something in Carter that he liked so he tried to get Carter on board with him. Carter refused, even though he didn't know who Patrick was at the time or what he had done. Patrick obviously didn't like Carter's refusal so Patrick threatened to kill Carter's mate. Carter wasn't going to let that happen so he decided to join Patrick so his mate could stay alive.

He also had another vision about me getting kidnapped, like the one he had when he was younger, so that was another reason as to why he left his past behind.

He hasn't seen his mate for almost 10 years and he's starting to lose hope that she's still alive. Ryder promised to help him find his mate, but he doesn't seem as happy as he should be about that.

I haven't seen that much of Carter recently. Actually, I haven't seen that much of anyone recently.

The day after we got back to the pack, Ryder locked us up in our house and we finally mated. We've been locked up in here away from everyone since Ryder didn't want me to be around anyone but him.

I turn around in his arms and snuggle into his warm, bare chest. I let out a happy sigh as I feel him run his fingers through my hair.

"Good morning," he mumbles into my hair. I smile and bring my hand up to touch his cheek.

"Good morning!"

"I don't want to share you with anyone else right now," he murmurs. I roll my eyes and start pulling away from him.

"You've had me all to yourself these past few weeks. I want to go see other people." He pouts and tugs me towards him.

"Why can't we just stay here forever?"

"Because you have a pack to run. You've been neglecting your duties for quite some time now. It's time for you to take back control of the pack. I'm pretty sure Chris and Brian want to spend some time with their mates instead of doing your job," I say with a stern look on my face. Ryder grumbles something under his breath before he nods his head and lets me go.

"Alright, fine. I guess we can venture outside for a little while," he grumbles with a dramatic sigh. I laugh at his face before I quickly run to the bathroom to take a shower.

Once we've both done our morning routine, we exit the house and start walking.

"Where are we going?" I ask as I look around.

"I'm taking you out to breakfast at this diner I really like. Emily and Brian are going to be there." A huge smile forms on my face at his answer. I can't wait to see Emily. It's been so long.