Words

Three days later Lauren sat in her office across from the white wolf.

Lauren had shot awake once (Y/N) had mind linked her the other night, to say she was excited was an understatement.

But since then, the younger girl hadn't uttered a single word.  No matter how many questions Lauren asked with her wide eyes filled with love.

She even spent a day in her wolf form before having to get back to paperwork for the Lovato pack.

At the moment the two girls were in a stare down.

"Say it," Lauren badgered.  (Y/N) squinted her eyes at the older wolf. "Please," Lauren whined, sending her a pout.

(Y/N) whined as well, looking at Lauren's puppy Dog eyes and pouty lips, it wasn't fair.

Jumping onto the desk, (Y/N) walked across it and nuzzled into Lauren's chest, chasing the love and warmth she craved.

Lauren happily gave it to her, running her fingers through the wolfs fur before taking in her scent. She smelt like the apple scented soap she washed her in that morning. 

Letting out a content sigh, the small wolf relaxed in Lauren's arms, enjoying the fingering through her fur.

"So bossy..." (Y/N) grumbled into the mind link, Lauren eyes sparkling with amusement while the small wolf stayed in Lauren's arms with her eyes closed, shaking slightly as Lauren chuckled.

"I have to be, I'm the Alpha." Lauren replied softly, as she continued to rake her fingers through the fur of her mate.

(Y/N) huffed at Lauren's logic. Content in her arms as Lauren's held her tight.

After a few minutes the two wolfs pulled away, Lauren pressing a quick kiss the the top of her mates head in the process.

"I love you so much." Lauren told her as she admired her white fur and (Y/E/C) eyes. "You surprise me everyday and I never want it to stop." She added, pressing her foreheads together as she closed her eyes.

"Never." (Y/N) replied, repeating Lauren's word back to her.

The young wolf wasn't educated, never learnt to read, never properly learned to talk. She only knew the words spoken to her, the angry slurs of her old Alpha thrown at her. And even then she was stuck guessing the meaning of each word.

But Lauren seemed so filled with love and honesty, she trusted that anything she said to her was nice and loving.

"Alright we have to get going, I'm going to teach you how to boost your agility. With your smaller wolf it's flight, not fight." Lauren told her mate.

"Teach?" The young wolf repeated with her head tilted.

"Yeah pup, teach. That means no funny business, okay." Lauren asked playfully.

(Y/N) nodded and once Lauren place her on the floor, she followed the strong wolf outside.

It was mid way through the training session when (Y/N) stoped and tilted her head up to look at Lauren's larger wolf that loomed over her.

"Teach words now?" She asked.

Lauren looked at her, confused from the small sentence.

"You're my mate, teach me words." She tried again.

"You mean reading and writing." Lauren asked, already having assumed the girl wasn't taken out of her dingy dark room for education growing up.

(Y/N) nodded her head at the Alpha, Lauren agreeing to teach her that for the rest of the day instead.

It was a long process of getting through the children's book Lauren had taken off one of the shelf as she had to explain many words. But Lauren would do it again a hundred times.

Hearing her mates voice made her heart race and her palms sweat. It was the most beautiful sound her ears had ever been blessed with and she never wanted it to stop.

She wanted to hear her sing, laugh, yell and scream. She wanted to have full conversations with her mate and even heated arguments.

She wanted it all and she'd be damned if she let anyone get in her way