Epilogue

"Soo, come here and take your bath, princess!"

I cooed at my baby girl and picked her up from her crib. She giggled and put her small hand in her mouth, nibbling on it. I repeatedly kissed her soft chubby cheeks, causing her to squeal.

"My queen, please let us wash the princess. You don't have to do such tasks," Xiao said, bowing.

I shook my head, smiling at her. "It's fine. I want to do it."

"Let me help, then."

I nodded and we headed to the bathroom.

Everyone wanted me to leave all the work to the maids, but I just couldn't. I wanted to spend as much time with my baby as I could. Taking care of her, feeding her, teaching her how to walk, talk... all of them, I wanted to do them myself.

Soojin splashed the water all over us and we gasped in unison. Looking at each other, we bursted out laughing.

"You should go and get changed, Your Majesty."

I sighed and turned to look at her with a frown. "How many times do I have to tell you to call me by my name, Xiao. And it's fine. This is fun." Her lips curved up.

I continued rubbing my baby gently with sponge and she cooed at me. After washing her, I carried her to the dining room. It was time to feed her, she was starting to get cranky.

Mother was sitting at the table. When she saw me, she walked up to me and took Soojin. "You should rest, my darling. I'll feed her." She nuzzled her nose and Soo giggled, grabbing her cheeks with her small hands.

"But mother-"

"No buts. I know you want to be with her all the time, but being a mother is quite a tiring job. Take a rest sometimes, okay? I want to spend time with my granddaughter now. My son just came back from his meeting, too. So go to him," she chimed and walked away with Soo.

I decided to take her word and walked out the room. I opened the door to our bedroom without knocking and I saw Taehyung taking off his jacket with his back facing me.

I tiptoed up to him quietly and jumped on him, hugging him tightly. He stumbled forward, exclaiming, due to the sudden force and peeked back at me before instantly laughing. "I missed you, too."

He turned around in my arms and snuggled into me. I giggled when he pecked all over my face.

"How did the meeting go?"

"It went swell. By the way, Jungkook is coming to visit with Namjoon tomorrow." He pecked my lips. "And he's bringing a young lady with him."

I widened my eyes. "Fiancée?"

He nodded before sitting on the bed and pulling me down on his lap. "He was really happy that he found someone with whom he would spend his life with. I told him that I knew what he meant and asked him to come and visit with her."

I hummed. "I'm happy for him."

My eyes caught the red thing behind his back and peeked to look at it. "What's that?"

He turned his head backwards and chuckled. "Oh. This is for you." He grabbed it and handed it to me. It was a bouquet of red and white carnations.

I tilted my head, smirking. "Carnations, eh?"

"Yep." He smiled back and kissed my lips.

"Thank you, honey." I caressed the petals of the flowers. He's gifted me my favorite flowers for the hundredth time now. Last time it was lilies.

"Where's my little princess? Daddy missed his baby girl so much," he smiled and looked up at me with sparkling eyes.

"Mother is looking after her right now." He closed his eyes, leaning into my hand as I softly brushed his hair. "She wanted to spend time with her."

"Then I guess I have competition right now," he chuckled.

"Oh. Speaking of which, I've been missing Elle so much," I murmured. "Why don't we go and visit her after tomorrow?"

Since she was pregnant, her and Jin couldn't visit us lately and I've been longing to see her. Soojin was big enough to travel now.

"Will my princess be okay?"

I pinched his cheeks. "Of course. She's a big girl now. Just this morning, she took two whole steps towards me. Two," I squealed, wiggling his cheeks.

He gasped, covering his mouth with his hand. "Oh my gosh! And I wasn't there to witness that?! It doesn't count then."

"You're such a baby." I giggled and he laughed as well.

"But I'm your baby." He nuzzled his nose before kissing me.

The End.

A/N: Thank you for reading my first ever complete story. It has been such a great experience for me.

My beautiful readers who supported me from the beginning until the end, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. I purple you guys 💜. I wouldn't have completed this book if it wasn't for your support and encouragement, really.

And... if you're interested 👉👈 I'm starting a new book (fanfiction ofc) of Taehyung as an immortal person and the main character reincarnating again and again. Like a curse. And Taehyung keeps finding her and loving her but then losing her all the time. It's called 'Eternally yours'. So please check it out if you're interested.

Thank you, lovelies 😘

Wish you all the best,

Ena