45 | every star in the universe

THEY returned home later that day. Jimin had a new packet full of information about his new medications. He's stable and there isn't the familiar tingling of his wrist of arm that is usually there. He's no longer high off of narcotics too, which is a bonus.

Jungkook drops his backpack down onto his bed, sighing softly as he walks over the fridge and pulls out a beer (which was actually Jimin's, but with all the new meds he figured the elder wouldn't mind) and then flopped across the counter dramatically, "Home sweet home."

It had been kind of an awkward ride home. Taehyung had insisted that he ride in the back with Jimin, because of his medical knowledge, and everyone generally agreed. It was all fine and dandy until Jimin had remembered what happened between them. Then his overactive imagination kicked in.

"You aren't old enough to drink," Taehyung said, teasing lilt to his tone. He took the beer from Jungkook's hand and took a swig.

"Bite me," Jungkook responded, sighing as he slammed his head down on the granite counter top, "Rough past couple of days."

Taehyung frowned and nodded. He gently ran his fingers through the younger's hair, feeling him relax into it and nuzzle into his hand. Over time Jungkook had really grown on him and it was moments like these where Taehyung knew that he had grown on Jungkook too. These small moments held a lot of trust and understanding in them. Taehyung smiled softly, he was very lucky to have a friend like Jungkook.

Jimin tiredly sat down on his own bed, eyeing the interaction between the two with curiosity, because when did that happen.

They only had eachother when I was out, Jimin thought, throwing the information packet on his desk.

"Don't worry kid," Taehyung mutters and gently pushes Jungkook's hair out of his eyes, "It'll get better."

Jungkook remained silent, but he did spare Taehyung a glance that said a million words. Taehyung simply nodded with a smile before backing off.

Jungkook stood, handing Taehyung his beer, "You can have it. I'm gonna go for a walk."

"Okay. I'll stay with Jimin. Be careful."

"I'm staying on campus. I might go see Yugyeom. I just need to get away for a bit."

"If you do go to Yugyeom's say hi to Bam for me."

"Sure."

Jungkook grabbed the red lanyard with his keys before heading out. Taehyung waited until the door closed before turning around and taking a seat on the barstool by the counter. He looked at Jimin, who was kind of just staring at the blank wall over Jungkook's bed.

"You coherent enough to talk?"

Jimin shrugged, "I guess."

"Your stutter isn't as bad."

"Doctor gave m-me Xanax. I guess i-it's suppose t-to help with the s-stutter."

"Makes sense," Taehyung said. There was a moment of silence before he continued tiredly, "We should talk."

"About?"

"The– you know– love thing?"

"Oh. That."

Taehyung frowned, "Why'd you say it like that?"

"Y-You like me. Cool. We both know I l-like Jungkook."

Taehyung's heart felt like it was being carved out of his chest and being laid out in the open for Jimin to wring it, "Can you like– not speak about this like that?"

"What do you w-want me to s-speak like?"

"I mean, I know you like Jungkook, but can you not act like my feelings for you are nothing?"

"Sorry if I'm f-feeling a little n-numb right now, Taehyung."

"You don't have to be a dick."

"And we d-don't have to talk about this."

"What's gotten into you?"

"I literally just got t-told I'm p-practically dying and you ask me what's wrong?"

"MS isn't like– fatal right away. You have a good forty to fifty years left I bet."

"Congratulations to me."

Taehyung bites his lip, "Jimin, seriously, I want to talk about this."

"Fine. Then talk."

"I–" He starts, looking down at his hands, watching how he nervously plays with them, "I like you."

"I know."

"And you don't like me, and that's okay. I know you've had your heart set on Jungkook from the beginning. It's why I support you two so much! I can't wait for the day when you two get married and have little Jungkook and Jimins running around."

Jimin raised an eyebrow.

"And I just want you to know that I don't want my feelings for you to get in the way of our friendship. You're my best friend. Your happiness comes first. It always has."

Jimin sighs and stands up. He walks over to Taehyung and hugs him, "Thank you. I'm s-sorry for being a dick. I l-love you."

"I love you too," Taehyung says softly, hugging him back. He nuzzles into the elder's neck and sighs.

"I hope y-you can find someone who loves you with all their h-heart, Tae. You deserve it," Jimin says, "Y-You deserve every star in the universe."

"So do you," Taehyung grins and pulls back, his eyes sad, "Now, let's plan on how to get you Jungkook."

Jimin smiles.

He could've never asked for a better best friend.