Chapter Twenty Eight : Unwanted Memory

~Chapter Twenty Eight : Unwanted Memory~
~Start~

**********

With a bit of the remaining little strength he has left, Chikage was about to close his eyes if it weren't for the unfamiliar sounds of hurried footsteps heading towards them. His eyes were close, but he was still somehow concsious. All he could do left was to watch the scene using his hearing.

The certain figure rushed towards the scene, adrenaline flowing through their veins as they got a large weapon. It was a metal pipe that was lying around the corner, they quickly went behind the two men that was behind their leader and struck one of them as fast and hard as they can. Before the other guy could realize what just happened to the guy at his side, he, too, was hit in the face, causing him to fall to the ground.

The leader, stopped moving towards Chikage as he sensed something was lurking behind him. He quickly turned around to defend himself. However, the person crouched down before he could lay a finger on them and gripped the metal pile tighter. They, then, lay the final blow and possibly the hardest that they could hit right in the groin area of the man.

The man yelped as he felt the excruciating pain in his lower region and fell on his knees. Chikage's savior panted and turned to Chikage, himself. They pulled Chikage's arm and lay them around their neck, helping him to stand up. Then, slowly, they limped away from the three brute men who were crouching in pain.

As they made their escape, Chikage sniffed and was suprised. "This smell..." Chikage thought, as he slowly opened his eyes. "Could it be..."

Chikage slowly turned to his side and saw a familiar face. "Master...!" Chikage managed to croak out. (Y/N) continued making their escape with a serious look as sweat were coming out of her pores. She turned to Chikage and gave him a twitchy smile.

"T-This is quite a situation you got yourself into here, h-huh?" (Y/N) said, as she panted and looked forward, supporting the black haired cat boy's weight. Chikage could feel her body, visibly shivering, clearly not used in confronting people like that by violence. "Guess I'll help you out~"

Chikage widened his eyes, horrified at the fact that her Master had literally risked it all just to save him earlier. This thought caused him great frustration and looked down, guilty. "I-I'm s-sor..ry..." He stuttered out as he tried to help himself by supporting most of his weight but ending up tripping in the process. Luckily, (Y/N) was holding him enough for him not to dive head first in the ground.

"Whoa, there!" (Y/N) said as she adjusted his hold of him. "Chikage, just take it ea-"

Before she could finish her sentence, (Y/N) widened her eyes as Chikage bit his bottom lip in clear frustration. He was gripping his fist tightly that his knuckles were turning white. (Y/N) stopped moving and her face looked serious. She then took hold of his face with one hand and stared straight in her eyes. "Chikage, listen to me." She said. "You didn't do anything wrong. So you shouldn't feel responsible for anything."

"What I did earlier was my own will. I did it because I want to." (Y/N) said as Chikage stared back at her. "So you don't have to worry. It's my problem now, you don't have to feel guilty or apologize for it."

"M-Master...I..." Chikage said as he widened his eyes at her and opened his mouth to retort back. However, the familiar voice of one of the brutes were heard at the distance, obviously out to hunt for them.

(Y/N) clicked her tounge and turned to look forward. It was still the same old streets were any other human are not present. She breathed in and out, trying to keep herself calm as she think of a way out of the situation. She turned to the side and saw an alleyway. "There, Chikage, Let's hide! We don't have enough time to run away...!" She said as they both limped towards the alleyway. They turned to the corner and looked around for a hiding spot. "There, hurry...!"