Chapter 6

Kris' POV

Another day, another life to thank for. I'm awake, has been since 5 o'clock this morning. I hardly slept, there's this woman who keeps occupying my mind and the night we shared keeps on repeating in my head as if it's on auto repeat every damn time I close my eyes.

God, I hate this! I just saw her once and then fuck her over and over. What's wrong with me? I mean, I don't usually pick up strangers and then sleep with them but something was different with that woman.

It's infuriating to think that a woman I hardly know can make me feel all this crazy emotion and the worst part is I will never see her again.

Getting up from the bed I made sure to not wake Andy up. He has his own room but somehow during the night he would climb my bed and snuggle with me.

I went downstairs and was met with my mom cooking breakfast and my dad reading the daily paper.

"Andy still sleeping?" dad asked me.

"yap! I still don't know how he always end-up at my bed every morning"

"he likes to snuggle with you every chance he has especially now with the new job, you'll surely have little time with him," mom said.

"Yah, I know that mom but I promise to spend time with him as much as I could or else he might forget me," I said seriously but laugh after.

Soon enough we heard little footsteps coming down the stairs.

"DADDY!!"

"Yes?"

"Me hungwy, Morning Papa Morning Nana!"

For a two-year-old, he sure has a roaring voice. My father took Andy into his lap and cuddled him making little Andy giggle.

"Papa that tickles"

"So what do our little Andy wandy wants for breakfast?"

"Nana I'm two, not little no more" Andy said raising his two index fingers from both hands.

"Okey, okey, what does our two not little no more Andy wandy wants to eat?" mom said imitating Andy's hands while laughing.

Andy was thoughtful for a couple of seconds and then looks at my plate.

"Me want pancakes and eggs and coffee please oh and paper"

We all laugh at my kid. You see Andy likes to follow me at everything, and when I say everything I mean everything like how I dress or what I eat. 

"How about pancakes and eggs and milk and you sitting down?" mom said 

"Okey, dokey"

We all eat our food and talk about the previous days. I told my dad about my new job and he's really proud and told me I deserve everything that I'm getting. After breakfast, I took a shower and put my suit on.

I went down and Andy was already in his school clothes with his bag pack.

"Ready?"

"Yap! I love schooool!"

"Bye baby, good luck with your new job!" mom said to me

"Bye baby Andy, behave okay? I will pick you up at school later" mom said to Andy.

"Bye Nana, Bye Papa! I love you!"

"Bye mom and dad! love you!"

I drove Andy to his play school. He only goes for two hours then mom picks him up and he stays at the bakery mom works at. Mom's boss is a really nice old lady who treats Andy like her own grandchild.

As I'm driving to work I think back at everything that has happened in my 27 years of living. Working at different industries to be able to finish college and my Masters. Becoming an instant father and now working in a place everyone would kill to be at. It's amazing how my life turned out to be and I won't change it for anything.

Parking my car I got out and straightened my suit. One of the upside at working here is being able to dress to what I like and not being scrutinized by my appearance. 

Entering the building I was greeted by one of the HR people.

"Hi! I'm Mary, you must be Kris, right?" Mary said shaking my hand.

"Yes, I'm Kris. Kris Smith at your service ma'am" I said putting on the Smith's million dollar smile.

"No need to call me ma'am we're workmates now just call me Mary okay? besides I think we're of the same age" she said with a hint of blush on her cheeks.

"Okay then, Mary, where do I start my work?"

"Go to the 15th floor Ms. Dane's assistant will be waiting for you and will brief you regarding everything that you need to know about the company"

"Thank you Mary, I hope to see you around" I said winking at her.

She just nods and blushes more.

I don't like to flirt but hey, sometimes you have to be charming to be friendly. I entered the lift and punch the floor I should be at.

Getting out I was greeted by a beautiful woman who I think is shorter than me if she wasn't wearing any heels. Looking at her I think she was frozen or scared? I hope not. 

I wave my hands in front of her to maybe get her out of that state but she still didn't move so I extended my hand to introduce myself.

"Hi, I'm Kris Smith ma'am" I said when she finally move.

"Hhhiiii! Ahm..... I'm... I'm Terrrrry" she said stuttering.

"Hi Terrrrryyyy" I said smiling at her.

"Terry with the just 2 R's" she said blushing.

"Okay Terry with 2 R's, Mary told me that you're the one to brief me and show me around?" I said to her still with the Smith's million dollar smile.

She nods and gesture for me to follow her while briefing me about work and everything that I need to know regarding my workplace. After listening to her intently as she explains everything she leads me to a room.

"This will be your office, you can decorate or re-arrange things to your liking"

"Thank you!"

"Now before you get settled Ms. Dane told me to send you to her office for a brief meeting"

"Okay, just give me a minute to compose myself" I said a bit nervous meeting the big boss.

 "You're gonna be fine, she's a nice woman. I promise you she's the most gentle person you'll ever meet" Terry said reassuring me which works.

"Okay let's go!"

Walking to the lift Terry punch the 16th floor, so the boss works a floor above mine. Getting out she walked to a door which has Katrin Dane, CEO in big bold letters. She knocks and a 'come in' was heard. The voice sounds familiar my head tells me.

Entering the room I was meet by the same mesmerizing green eyes that hunted my mind all night and day. I keep on looking at her and she did the same, soon a huge realization hit me!

I SLEPT WITH KATRIN DANE! THE BOSS!!!