Rocket and Charlie's Stupid Idea: Vol 2

"Well, I suppose we'll go down in history for our plans," Charlie muttered, after she heard Rocket's plan.

Apparently, the gang's plan failed. The massive gun Rocket made only made a dent in Ronan's armor. Rocket and Charlie had to do something, or else everyone would die.

She reached forward and apologetically stroked the dashboard.

"Fine. Go ahead," Charlie reluctantly agreed.

Rocket rushed off to the single window of the Dark Astor.

As they were inching closer, Charlie heard her breathing begin to quicken.
She sat back in her chair, feet dug into the ground, hands firmly grasping the armrests.

Rocket glanced over at the girl, a crazy grin on his face.

"You're allowed to scream, you know," was the last thing she heard him say before she felt the impact crush her.

--------------

Peter

Balance regained from the abrupt crash, Peter looked at the ship. Immediately, he fell into a panic.

Gamora was dragging Drax away from under the debris. Groot was pushing himself off the ground.

At the minute, he didn't even make a comment about how his beloved ship was probably too broken to repair. Peter's only thought was on his girlfriend.

"Charlie," Peter uttered.

Gamora heard his words and silently nodded to the ship, avoiding his eye. She had no knowledge of Charlotte's state.

Groot, growing taller, smiled at Peter reassuringly. He grew his hands into the ship, carefully pulling Rocket and Charlie from the wreckage.

Peter pulled Charlie into his lap the second Groot set her body on the floor. He brushed her hair out of her face and locked her limp hand with his, not taking his eyes off of her.

Peter's head snapped up when he felt a brush against his back. His lips split in awe.

Groot formed a branch shield around all six team members.

Rocket had woken up by then, noticed the branches and shook his head frantically.

"Groot," Rocket whispered. He scrambled up to the tree. "You'll die. Why are you doing this?"

Groot stretched out a twig and stroked the raccoon lovingly. Groot's lips were carved into a frown.

"We are Groot."

The entire group stayed silent, each member silently giving their thanks to the generous tree.

Peter looked down at Charlie, seeing her head tilted to watch Groot. He had to do a double take at his girlfriend.

"Charlie," he exhaled.

"I'm glad I woke up to see that," she muttered. Charlie's eyes rolled up to Peter, "What is this, like the third time I've almost died since we met them? I'm starting to think these idiots are trying to get me killed.."

Gamora flashed Charlotte a small smile. Rocket only gave a slight nod in her direction.

Sighing, Charlie locked eyes with Peter. She rolled onto her side, using an elbow to lean on, allowing her the height necessary to grab Peter's shirt.

"I've waited too long to do this, Peter Jason. I'm not dying without kissing you," Charlie said.

And kiss they did.

It was everything they fantasized about. There were no sparks, no fireworks, but to both, it felt right.

With their lips together, Charlie discovered her first and everlasting love; Peter realized that his best friend was destined to be his one and only.

Charlie pulled away first, her hand resting on his chest. Their eyes met for a brief second before he tugged her closer, his muscled arms holding her steady. Charlie let out a sigh.

At least all the wishes I had came true.. I hope death doesn't hurt..

Slamming her eyes shut, she waited for impact.

Everything is perfect. I'm dying how I wanted to.. With my friends..