✧Some Plan✧

Chapter 18 ✧Some Plan✧

“Yes?” I answer my phone as I sat up in my bed. I was eager to be able to talk to someone who wasn’t Kira, Stiles, or Scott since they were currently hatching up some fairly idiotic plan.

“Charlotte,” Derek’s slightly gruff voice said through the phone. I found myself sitting up some, now a lot more attentive once I realized who was on the other end of the call. “Do you think you could do me a favor?” He asked in a low voice, almost like he was whispering. Why on earth was he whispering?

Or, more importantly, what kind of favor would Derek Hale come to me for? I had just about no tricks up my sleeves besides the ability to have random anxiety attacks.

“Um, I-I think so?” I questioned more than answered. This was quite a peculiar situation for me.

“I left my jacket in the hospital when I was there before, do you think you could get it for me? It should be in Braeden’s room” Derek asked in an oddly nice tone. I actually almost laugh. Derek Hale, the bad ass ex-alpha, was asking me to retrieve his jacket for him.

“Derek, I’ve lived with you before,” I reminded him, “I know you have more the one leather jacket.”

“Charlotte,” Derek took a deep breath as if he was preparing himself for the next part of the sentence, “Please.”

I raised my eyebrows in shock; this was a strange side of Derek to see, especially since it was over a leather jacket.

“Why can’t you go get?” I inquired.

“I’m currently protecting my investment,” Derek explained cryptically. “Can you just please go get it?”

“Fine, I’ll go get it soon.” I found myself promising him. Derek muttered his thanks before hanging up the phone. I sat on my bed for a few more moments in a stunned silence. Something definitely wrong with Derek and I planned on finding out what that was.

Eventually, I let out a defeated sigh before sliding off of the bed and heading downstairs.

You would think that after a life or death epidemic situation that also involved an evil scientist assassin that there would be some time to recuperate. But apparently that’s not how it works for the McCall pack. Scott, our valiant leader, had come up with absolutely horrendous idea on catching the Benefactor. Now normally I’ll back Scott up on his ideas because I trusted him with my life but this plan of his was quite possibly the worst one I’ve ever heard.

“So we’re going through with this,” I asked once I entered the kitchen to see the three juniors still discussing the game plan.

Scott looked up at me and bobbed his head once, “Yeah, we are.”

“I don’t need to tell you how incredibly stupid this is, do I?” I sighed out with a frown. With every passing second I hated this plan more and more.

“It’ll be fine,” Scott assured me with a small smile. He moved towards me to put a hand on my shoulder but I moved away from him. I just couldn’t do that right now knowing how dangerous all of this was. But I could feel everyone’s eyes on me, obviously noticing what I had just done which caused me to look down at the ground.

 Luckily, the doorbell rang and I quickly left the kitchen to go answer it. I had figured it might be Kira’s mom, Noshiko, but instead I was instead facing a familiar pair of bright blue eyes.

“Hey,” Liam greeted after we had stared at each other in silence for a few moments.

“Hi,” I responded.