Chapter 5

You smirk as you adjust your costume. The new song and short film "Thriller" by Michael Jackson released two years ago and has been a massive hit ever since.

You walk out of your house, wearing simple jeans and a leather man jacket with a large 'M' on the front, left side of the jacket. Underneath the jacket is a plain white tank top, cut a bit shorter so the bottom of your mid drift showed.

Your hair is styled and gelled in a way that makes it look like you have werewolf ears.

As simple as the costume is, the inspiration is from the beginning of the short film "Thriller" where Michael turns into a werewolf.

You check the time, it reads 6:45.

Your mom still isn't home, and she usually takes pictures of you every Halloween. For a short moment, you felt envious of Mike and how Mrs. Wheeler embarrassed him with all the snap shots she took of him.

You chuckle as you walk towards the side of your house, picking up your fallen bike. You secure your plastic bag for candy in the pocket of the leather man jacket before mounting your bike. 

It's still light outside when you made it to Mikes place. You set your bike against his garage and sneak up behind your friends.

"BOO!!" You shout loudly, pushing Mike and Lucas for extra effect.

They all scream like girls, making you laugh even harder.

"Y-you should've seen your f-faces," you laugh as you hold your stomach, barely getting a sentence out without giggling.

Dustin laughs as Lucas gives you a playful eye roll. When you calm down from your fit, they all look at your costume.

Mike and Dustin blushed a bit, Lucas glances down to the ground.

"Is it too much?" You question as you twirl, posing while your jacket slips off your shoulder and rests on your arm.

"Nope, wait until Will sees you- OW!" Dustin attempts but is cut off by Lucas elbowing him.

"Where is Will?" You question, hearing his name making you curious.

On cue, Johnathan Byers pulls up in the drive, dropping Will off.

You grab your trick or treating bag and wait for him to come over. He high fives all the boy and lifts his hand for you to high five as well.

"Nice costume Y/n," Will compliments with a small blush, grinning at you meekly. You fix your jacket to sit correctly.

"Thanks Will," you accept his kind words as you rub the back of your neck, gulping and turning away from him and towards the others.

They all smirk at you.

"Well, let's get to it Ghostbusters!" You shout as you take Mike and Will's hands, leading them down the street.
<<<•••>>>

"Trick or Treat!" All of you yell at the third house, holding out all of your bags.

"What cute exterminators!" An old woman shakily says as she offers out the bucket of candy.

You all look at each other with an uneasy look before snatching a handful and thanking her.

As we leave the property, the boys start bickering on what candies they like and hate.

You could care less about the conversation as you see a Michael Myers costume sneaking up on the group.

You knew it was Max, who else would it be?

"Hey guys. What if something happened tonight. What if..." you pause your sentence as you run in front of the group.