Chapter 10

The first thing that Thunderstorm noticed was that the power spheres here were deranged. First a power sphere that looked like a target tried to whack him upside the head, then a power sphere with large teeth tries to bite him.

"Stand still," Thunderstorm growled, ducking as Targetbot sailed over his head. "I don't want to hurt you."

Chomp! Gigibot bit his leg.

He groaned. This is what he gets when he tries to be the good guy. The anger from Emotibot's power still hasn't subsided, and these two power spheres have done nothing but annoy him.

"One last chance." Thunderstorm kicked Gigibot aside. "Don't regret it later."

Targetbot flew to the highest point in the abandoned tent, and he charged down to Thunderstorm at full speed.

He sighed. Whatever he's about to do is going to leave a mark. Activating his power, he dashed behind Targetbot in mid-air and electrocuted him with his spear. The sphere fell to the ground, twitching and shutting down.

Thunderstorm was about to do the same with the other power sphere that infuriated him, but he could see the true fear in his robotic eyes. He had experienced fear similar to Emotibot's.

He dismissed his spear. "You're forced to fight me, aren't you?"

Gigibot stared at him, confused. "W – why are you talking to me?"

"If you don't beat me you'll get abused," Thunderstorm understood. He knelt down to talk to the teeth power sphere. "Is that what your owner wants? Or does?"

"Ye – yes," Gigibot stuttered. "But why? You can kill me."

"Kill? No," Thunderstorm clarified, standing up. "I don't."

He didn't want others to suffer because of him. He knew who he was going up against, so what? Even if he left these power spheres here, defeated, their owner would torment them anyway.

His best bet was to see what the hunter was actually like before he acted. The only way to do that is to either tear this place down looking for the guy, or surrender himself to lower his guard. He couldn't possibly storm in here and deal with him now, not after he sent his power spheres after him.

Without looking away from the power sphere, he sensed that there was another presence in the room. The electricity from the power spheres the person carried hummed in his ears.

The room was suddenly filled with the sweet-smelling gas of nitroglycerin, and Thunderstorm was enveloped by an explosion of fire.

Fang had tried to speed up his team as much as he could, but they were delayed for minutes because Gopal was chickening out. That guy claimed he saw ghosts in that tent and refused to go in. He even went to the point where he pointed out that Boboiboy didn't want to work with them, anyway. So why should they interfere?

Ying and Yaya weren't much help. They were bickering amongst themselves as who gets to apprehend the criminal.

That is, if they could find the criminal himself first.

That's when they saw the massive eruption of fire coming from inside of it, then they knew something was seriously wrong. If Boboiboy was the cause of that fire, that meant he had found the culprit.

Unfortunately, no. When they arrived at the scene, all they found was soot, cinders, burnt holes in the fabric of the tent, and no sign of their comrade.

Thunderstorm had no idea what to feel about being hoisted over someone's shoulder. First he was slapped in the face by fire, which hurt like hell without Blaze's immunity; struggled to stay awake, then he felt someone pick him up and carry him like a potato sack.