XLVI

I placed the money I just took from the little girl into the cashier machine as I sagged in relief upon seeing that I finished taking orders of the long line that seemed endless.

Just as I was about to sit down for a mini break, Niall's voice brought my attention to him.

"Help," he said, carrying two trays that were packed with empty glasses and plates.

I nodded and hurried towards him, taking one of the trays and placing it inside successfully.

Niall huffed, placing the tray down too, as he looked around at the place.

It was the weekend, so the place was buzzing with people ever since I came in.

"I'm quitting."

I rolled my eyes. I have learned over the past few days that the phrase 'I'm quitting' is repeated by Niall twenty thousand times a day.

I held his arm and pushed him towards the tables, eying the empty cashier, "C'mon, I will help you."

After serving a few orders, I was behind the cashier taking more orders and was met again with a frustrated Niall.

"Where in the world is Ruby?"

I attempted to surpass my smile as I looked at the back door, causing Niall to throw his head back and pull me along with him to the door.

I dug my heels to the ground, "Niall, why are you dragging me along with you? I want to rest for at least five seconds!"

He opened the door, and we were instantly greeted with Ruby's giggle.

The first time Niall dragged me here to find Ruby, I blushed at the sight we were greeted with; now, it felt normal, and that was creeping me out.

Ruby and her boyfriend, Liam, were pressed against the wall, kissing.

Niall moved his leg up and down as he cleared his throat loudly, snapping their attention to us.

They both smiled, not bothering to change their position.

"Oh no," Niall said, shaking his hands, "take your time! It's not like we have got anything to do." He scoffed, sitting on the ground cross-legged as he watched them.

I crossed my arms over my chest, eying them.

Liam, unlike most of the boys I have met, didn't own intense features; he had the softest features. His brown puppy eyes stared down at Niall; his pink lips pulled apart as he smiled.

He was also one of the few guys I've met who their love for their partner was displayed all over their face.

Ruby smiled cheekily, "Five more minutes."

Niall suddenly got off the ground, making me jump, and threw his arms in the air as he entered back again, "I'm quitting!"

They both laughed as Ruby kissed Liam again and pulled away, "I will go back to work then, see you tonight."

He nodded and let go of her, waving at me.

I smiled and waved back awkwardly as Ruby pulled me back in.

I swear I feel like a doll in this place.

"You guys are really cute together," I muttered.

She halted, making me stop as well, as she stared at me.

I opened my mouth and closed it, starting to feel uncomfortable.

Did I say something wrong?