Part 37

I didn't know that my story is at rank 1 in non-teen story. It's only because of your votes and your lovely comments. Thank you everyone.

*****
*****

We were in the middle of the meeting when my phone vibrated.

I looked at the message, it was from James who was sitting beside me.

He had a poker face and pretended to be reading a file.

It would have been better to go for a lunch than to attend this meeting;)

I smiled at the message but tried to be composed.

I looked at Robert who was too busy in going through the file in his hand.

I could say the lady in the room was feeling nervous. I had not seen her meeting with Robert or James before.

You are looking beautiful!

I read the message but did not looked at James.

I typed the message.

Thank you James. But I think you should be concentrating on your work and not on me.

I hit the send button.

He instantly send the next text.

It is my work to concentrate on you.

How could he maintained his expression was unbelievable to me.

James you can send these unnecessary messages after the meeting you know.

I hit the send button.

And suddenly James hit the file in his hand on the table and the lady almost jolted out by his sudden action.

"The meeting is over." James stood up and declared.

I saw the disappointment in the lady's eyes.

She moved her hopeful eyes towards Robert.

"Sorry Mrs. Nissan..but I think we didn't like your proposal." Robert said to her.

I was relieved to hear that, not because her proposal was declined but because James didn't declined it because of my message. Right?

"Okay Mr. Williams..Mr. Ashton.. but we can negotiate." She looked between James and Robert.

James was almost going to turned around when I held his hand.

I hope no one noticed as the lady and her assistant was sitting just opposite to us and Robert was sitting on the boss' chair.

James gave me a stern look but I hinted him to sit down.

Walking away like that was rude to me.

He sat on his chair.

"Mrs. Nissan the proposal you made was a disgusting one." James said. The lady's mouth opened but closed.

I gave a sheepish smile towards them.

"I think there is no point to negotiate now." The lady stood up and looked towards Robert.

"I think you guess it right." Robert said calmly and stood up.

"Nice to meet you Mrs. Nissan." He offered his hand.

She shake her hand with him and was out of the room without even looking towards James.

"That was rude." I said to James and Robert laughed.

I narrowed my eyes towards him.

"Liza I think it was excellent." He winked at me. "Having James as my partner helps me a lot in a situation like this." He laughed.