~ Chapter 11 ~

Art does not belong to me.

Last chapter~
Zelda spoke to Impa, and had a very heartwarming conversation about her being queen. She cried, realizing she had the resilience of a Silent Princess.

Paya's P.O.V~
I wait at the table were we had breakfast for Zelda and Link. During that time a thought had come to me, when did me and Zelda become friends?

Sure, we are close to the same age, and the same sex, but at what point did we bond to the point of friendship?

Flashback~
Paya's P.O.V~

It has been around a month since Princess Zelda and Link had arrived after their fight. Lately, she has been down in the dumps. It makes everyone very uneasy.

The first two weeks she seemed quite happy. She would try to sneak out because she was 'fine'. Then finally, when she had healed, that.... whatever it was..... disappeared.

I have tried to speak with her. But every time, I get extremely nervous. I think constantly of what to say, but the words don't come out. It's frustrating.

Link, from what I have noticed, is watching from afar.....

I'm not stalking him. Just observing.

Currently, I'm standing next to the doors to grandmas house, and getting ready to speak to the Princess. She is sitting at the bottom of the steps, and the guards are, well.... far away from her. Not to far, just far enough to let her think.

The reason I want to talk to her now, is not just because she is sitting in such a depressed manner, it is well... raining.

The fact she's sitting there in the rain means something is very wrong.
Why couldn't I realize sooner?

She is soaked. I don't want to leave her alone. Grandmother asked me to keep an eye on her, and I'll be sure to do so.

I walk down the slippery steps carefully, and sit down next to her, in the process, my behind getting soaked. What a gross feeling.

I look over to her, her hands cuffed, nearly full with water. Her eyes distant, but she knows I'm here with her.

"I love nature."  I say, looking at Kakariko village. Admiring the cherry blossoms, the trees, the birds, what makes this place beautiful, though the mist from the rain getting in the way.
"This rain, is a gift. I would not be here to admire it if it wasn't for you Princess."

She separates her hands, having the water join the ground.
"That is correct, but a lot of people would be here if I wasn't chosen to hold this cursed power."

My whole body tenses up; what do I say? What would Impa say?
With that thought, the words fall out.
"But, you dedicated 100 years of your life to make up for it. And you succeeded." I say, the rain pours harder.

Her voice, louder now, not soft or kind. "I should have succeeded the first time." She says, a bit angrier. Lighting strikes in the distance. We should head inside. By this point the water doesn't bother me, it's what the Princess is saying.

My voice gets louder as well.
"How can you say that? After everything that's happened, everyone we've lost, should we not honor them? 
Princess, "should have" is a phrase everyone uses. But why? We cannot change the past. Look to the future!"
The sudden raise of my voice surprised both me and the Princess. But, apologies for later.
"Now Princess; lets head inside." I smile, and stand, extending my hand for her to grab. She takes it, looking surprised, and released from her negative thoughts. 

_____________

We sit on my bed with towels and a warm drink.

"I don't mean to bother but, what happened?"

She looks at her reflection in her drink and answers me.

"When I had first come here, I was ready to rebuild Hyrule. It was the only thing on my mind. After healing,
I had talked to people, walked around Kakariko, done one or two jobs, yearning to do something. But there was something that was already weighing on my mind," She turns to look at me, "the people who lost their lives. I don't know why.... but it took awhile to settle in. I just couldn't accept it, so then, it was the only thing I thought about. The fact that I had spent all of that time, energy, determination, for me to-to fail everyone. And I think the thought..... slowly ate away at me."

Silence filled the room, I was speechless.

"But, you changed that, Paya. You are wise, just like your grandmother."

I could not help but smile.

"I don't think I'll ever forgive myself, though." Once again, I was speechless.

Zelda's P.O.V~

Honestly, Paya is a fantastic person to talk to. Her advice comes from the heart, and she does not hesitate when being serious. I now have the mindset that, yes, a lot of people would still be here if it wasn't for me, but, I cannot change the past. Their deaths will not be in vain.

Though I have accepted their deaths......

"I don't think I'll ever forgive myself, though." I thought out loud.

Currently~~~
Paya's P.O.V~

I suppose that's when it happened. When our bond was formed.