Now You See Me

As Nick opened the door for me into his house, I marveled at how much shorter I had become. The door stood high above me, when on the other hand I'd had to duck a little bit while entering before. I estimated that I had lost about two feet of height, leaving me with around four left. I was now much closer to Nick's size, despite having still been spared an inch or two over him.

We both came into the house not saying much. After having walked in, I went straight toward the couch and sat down, but immediately had to begrudgingly shift to move my tail to a more comfortable position.

I was tired, but my mind was running all over the place. Anxiety, fear, excitement, intrigue, and questions filled my head. I wondered what exactly I looked like, how fast I could run, if my appetites had changed. Personality-wise, I felt no different. It seemed I was still myself inside, thankfully. Physically, however, there were some things that felt very... strange to me. I had an extra extremity, for starters. The tail was going to take some getting used to for sure. I had already tripped over it a couple of times that night.

Having paws was weird, and the long nose sticking out in front of me didn't help things either. I reached up and grabbed my ears. They're so big and pointy, I thought self-consciously. Then I moved down to my face.

"What are you doing?" I hadn't realized Nick had been standing in the kitchen to my left, watching me.

"Nothing," I replied, lowering my paws in embarrassment.

He chuckled and shook his head. "Here, I got you some clothes," he tossed me a pair of dark blue gym shorts and a plain white t-shirt. "Now you can go and admire yourself in the bathroom."

I scoffed, standing up and walking toward the hall. "Wasn't admiring myself," I muttered under my breath as I passed him to get to the bathroom.

"Don't have too much fun in there, okay?" he called after me from the kitchen as I went in.

"Whatever," I shook my head before closing the door.

I switched on the light, and took Judy's jacket off. I was technically naked, but I certainly didn't feel naked. There wasn't a single inch of bare skin on me. I looked in the mirror and froze. That's me?

I had a big, wet, dog-nose with whiskers, and my ears stood tall on my head. I bore my teeth and approached the mirror to get a better look at them.

  Jee wiz! look at those things!

My canines were... well, a canine's.

  I grabbed my cheeks and pulled them apart as if trying to lift a mask but of course, it wouldn't budge.

  Oh, no no no... I thought. My beautiful face that I had come to appreciate having was well and truly gone. Replaced by that of an animal; a new visage completely unfamiliar to myself.

I looked down behind me to examine my tail. It was the first time I had really looked at it, and I hadn't realized it was so bushy. Not quite long enough to use as a pillow though, so that was disappointing. Looking back at the mirror, I noticed that my eyes were the same light blue color. Interesting...

I hated proving Nick right, but I couldn't help marveling at my new body, even if I detested it. Elegant, sleek, and literally white as snow. I was still skinny though. Not quite a wolf-man by any means. Guess muscles weren't part of the package.

I grabbed the navy-blue gym shorts Nick had given me off the floor and slipped them on, then did the same with the white t-shirt. It wasn't exactly my style of clothing. In fact, it was the kind of outfit all the bums in my high school would usually wear but hey, what more could I have really asked for right then?