The Festival

Pulling up to the crowded parking lot, which was just a dirt plot with some volunteers guiding cars to their proper parking space. You both search for a place to park then went to the entrance to get your tickets and wristbands.

"So what kinds of things will they have here? Sorry I never even thought to ask about the details for this." You laughed.

Terrance laughed nervously, "don't worry you're fine. They just have some new indie bands and food."

You nodded your head in understanding and kept walking. After a bit of walking Terrance began to speak once again. "So ummm, speaking of food." He glanced over at the food stands and trucks, "would you like any?" You looked over at him and he began to get even more nervous. "A-are you hungry at all?" He repeated.

You smiled, "I could go for a snack."  So the two of you walked over and searched for something to eat and ended up getting some funnel cake and sodas. Both chatting about your daily lives while doing so. As you sat down you took a sip of your soda, Terrance carefully watched you while doing this.

"So what's your family like?" You asked him, putting some of the funnel cake in your mouth.

"Ah....well my parents are no longer here, they both passed away five years ago. Mom died of Ligma and my father was so Heartbroken he died shortly after."

You gave him your hand, he took it eagerly. "And now it's just me and my brother, he's an ass almost all the time and he should be helping out more but he doesn't, so I do everything for him."

"Why don't you just kick him out?"

"I can't, his name is on the lease and he has most of the inheritance money." He sighed.

You wanted to do something for him but you didn't know what. He looked too kind to deserve that kind of lifestyle.

"But it's ok, when I get enough money from being a photographer I'll ditch him and he'll be ruined. I know revenge isn't something you should wish upon family but...I really want revenge on him. He acts like our parents death was the best thing that happened to him."

You squeezed his hand, looking him in the eye you told him. "I wanna help you with that. I didn't know you did photography. What kinds of things do you take pictures of?" You asked.

He started to get flustered, thinking about the picture he had taken of you at the park. "U-uh yeah," he chuckled, "I take some of people sometimes, mainly nature though."

"Ahhh, what are you planning on doing with the money?"

"A nice house with a large library that I could hopefully share with somebody someday..." you felt his grip on your hand tighten.

You felt a bit awkward and pulled your hand away. "So shall we go listen to some of the bands?" You asked, standing up.

He nodded in agreement and the two of you walked around. Listening to a large variety of genres and types of singers. The songs went by quickly and the night went by even faster. Many people showed up and the soft and mellow to fast and upbeat songs that played throughout the night made you feel many different emotions, and you began to realize that Terrance quite enjoyed dancing and he was actually really good at it. And before you knew it the both of you had reached the end of night.

Terrance laughed as the two of you walked back to his car. "I enjoyed my time with you a lot y/n."

You looked up at him, his skin was glowing under the silver moonlight and his salmon windbreaker reflected more of the light into his eyes and made them glisten. "I did too, we should hang out more once I get this job opportunity secured."

He nodded his head. "Yknoooow, we only had a snack to eat this whole night. Are you hungry again at all?"

You thought about it for a moment, "maybe a little, why? What were you thinking?"

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Wellll, I was thinking we could grab something to eat and head over to my house and eat."

You were a bit taken back by his bold request, but he was just thinking about eating, he looked too kind to be up to anything mischievous, you never could be too careful though. But then looking up at his eyes he seemed too precious to possibly have any bad intentions and it made you feel shameful for thinking something like that. "Of course, I'd love to go eat with you, but I can't stay too late, alright?"

He looked ecstatic, "r-really? Ok then let's go! We can get anything you'd like to eat." He pulled you over to his car, opening the door for you and got in and drove off.