10

"That sounded lovely Hannah," Olivia chimed as I finished playing a song on the piano per her request.  I gave her a sheepish smile as I pulled the cover back over the keys and I rested my hands on the dark wood. Olivia began to go on and on about my playing and how much she liked the music, but I failed to listen. I got distracted when I looked out the window and admired the man working outside. The same man that has been ignoring me for the past two days. It didn't seem like a long time, but when your body is so deprived of a release it felt like ages since he last touched me. I wanted him to bring back those feelings he gave the night he snuck in my room the same feelings my hands failed to recreate as I laid in bed with thoughts of him. 

He was standing next to my mother outside looking at the plans in her hand. The garden was almost complete and they were just adding some final touches here and there. It looked beautiful. Today's task was putting in the fountain in the center off all the flowers and bushes that were strategically placed. It looked like hard work so I wasn't going to attempt to get his attention. This was his job after all. 

Yesterday my attempt to get his attention was to ask him if he needed any help planting the small flowers between the bushes to fill up the blank space. He gave me a simple no before ignoring my presence and making me look like an idiot standing there. He made no effort to talk to me and that lead to me walking away with a pout on my lips. 

I dragged my eyes away from him and spun around on the bench I sat at. Olivia must have realized I hadn't been listening because she wasn't anywhere to be found. Oops. 

I began to walk out of the living room, but my phone rang in my pocket. I swiftly pulled it out and a deep sigh left my lips as my father's name glared back at me. I hadn't called him in about a week because I was tired of the same old talk, but I answered anyway. It wouldn't be fair to him if I didn't answer and then complain he didn't make an effort.

"Hi, Daddy," I said and I began to walk down the hall to the study just so my call wouldn't be interrupted. 

"Hannah, dear, how are you?" He asked and for once he didn't have his "business" voice as I called it. The same voice he used when he talked to clients. I couldn't help but smile at the genuine care in his tone. It was also the first time he called me first.

"I'm doing good, Jamie and Jack are back so they have been over a lot,"

"I'm glad, it's probably nice having people there you're own age," I nodded.

"Yeah, Jamie is still her crazy self so I take them in small doses," We giggled at that because we both know Jamie is a hand full. We chatted some more and we caught up on things and it was nice. 

When the conversation began to die he spoke up again,"I was wondering if it would be alright with you if I stole your mother away for a few days? Tonight actually. I wanted to ask you first before I sent the jet to go get her. I'm in her favorite city right now and want to take out for dinner," My father explained and I smiled at how romantic his actions were. He was in Paris right now and my mother just adored Paris she loved the lights and the romantic atmosphere of it all. 

I of course agreed and he told me that she would be leaving tonight and would return the day after tomorrow. I was happy for her and I knew she missed him terribly. "You're the best, but don't think I've forgotten about you, dear, would you like me to fly you and maybe your friends over for the day sometime next week?" I cringed a bit at the thought. That's the last thing I wanted right now.

"Oh they wouldn't want that since they just got back from Spain, but maybe you can come home? You know, come to see you're family for once?" The bitterness was sudden, but I knew it had been there all along. I mean I hadn't seen him in ages because I've been gone at college he could take one day off to come home.