Chapter 20

Arms around you

🌹

*

"You did what?!" He screams at me with a bewildered look. God damn is he trying to tell the whole world?!

"Shhhhh!"

"Sorry sorry... you did what?!" I roll my brown eyes when he whispers instead. We are currently in his living room, babysitting his little brother since his mom had an afternoon shift today at the hospital. The 12 year old boy, Jackson, was playing some game called fortnite, yelling angrily every now and then.

"Ahhhh! Yes! I shot him with my sniper! Did you see that Jasmine?" He turns to me with an excited gleam in his face, with a hint of confidence.

"Mhm I sure did kiddo! You're good at this game." I beam at him as his cheeks go a little pink, blushing at me. He brushes it off and gives me a smirk.

"Of course I'm good at this game! Only real men can play fortnite well." He speaks all cocky with his head held high. Josh slaps his forehead in utter embarrassment, groaning at him while I laugh at Jackson.

So you see ever since I met Jackson 2 hours ago, I guess you can say he's gotten a little crush on me. Actually, I do know he has a crush. The first thing he said to me was if I had a boyfriend or girlfriend. Of course, I had told him I had a boyfriend, making him a little jealous.

Now he's trying to prove to me how much of a man he is, by showing us his skills on fortnite.

"That's right. Got any more skills to show? Or is that all you got?" I challenge him with a playful smirk. Eagerly nodding at me, he turns back to the xbox and continues playing the game, putting all his focus to it.

Looking back at Josh, I almost piss my pants when I see him look at me with a raised brow, followed by a smirk on his plump lips.

Sitting in some black tights and one of Damon's hoodies, I nervously scratch my head, getting slightly annoyed by his constant questions. I really shouldn't have told him what happened a few days ago between Damon and I.

"Well?"

"Why do you continue to ask me when you already know?! Like I said, we just had a little moment together... one that I will always cherish." I tell him, thinking back to when everything happened.

"Wow..." Josh said suddenly, as if realizing something. I look at him confused.

"What is it?" I ask him, while watching his brother yell at the screen again when someone killed his character. He continues to silently look at me like he had figured out some confusing puzzle, finding out the magic answer.

"You love him.... don't you?" He asks me with a small smirk, but I can sense the sincereness in his voice. My heart suddenly starts to beat faster.

Love.... it's a strange thing really.

Back before Damon had left me for a while, I had thought I loved him. Maybe I was really interested in him, but I didn't know him really well then.

But know I when I look back, I didn't know what love was between two people. The only person I truly loved was my beautiful mother.

Throughout my whole life all I ever wanted was love. I mean, who doesn't? But love seemed so distant and far from me. It didn't feel real to me. I guess you can say Ethan ruined that for me.

He wasn't the father he should've been. He never cared about me or my mother the right way. He just wanted what he wanted... which was everything and anything he desired. My mother and I were just merely characters to his game, and he won. He always hurt people and never felt bad, never even batted an eye lash.