31.

It's hard to explain how he feels. Louis wants to ignore it, he wants to keep thinking that Harry truly likes him, really he does. It's just it was so obvious that he lied. Why would he do that if he liked him?

"Lou," Niall says to his friend who's sitting across from him in the car, "You're overthinking this way too much."

"But he lied."

"How do you know?"

"Because it took him like thirty seconds to answer. He obviously was debating if he wanted to actually go or not...and he didn't."

"Okay, but haven't you said he just doesn't like social things like this?"

"Louis, he's right," Zayn, who's in the back of the car, chimes in. "He obviously doesn't hate you. He wouldn't be at the club every Wednesday if he did."

"I've told you this too Louis," Noah says. It's the first time Louis and the group are going out with him but he fit right in and everyone seems to really like him.

"Yeah but—"

"Louis c'mon. You can't keep doing this. What if he just didn't want to tell you what his plans were," Liam says this time.

"Why wouldn't he though?"

"Because maybe he was planning on watching The Real Housewives or something."

"Why would he watch that?"

"You do."

"Okay yeah, but that's different," Louis argues.

Zayn reaches above the passenger side seat that Louis' sitting on and smacks the top of his head. "You're being ridiculous. Stop overthinking it. It's not a big deal."

Louis sighs. "Okay fine."

Louis still worries but he keeps it in his head so he doesn't bother everyone else. He knows he's being irrational but he can't help it. He's always had a little bit of an issue with wanting everyone to like him and Harry means so much to him so if he didn't like him back, it would hurt really bad.

He tries to focus on what Zayn said because he's right. Harry wouldn't play UNO with him, or make his bet for Louis to stay, or let him hang out in his office, or buy him hot chocolate, or play the people watching game with him, or drink after him, or offer him his sweatshirt...twice, or fly paper airplanes with him...if he didn't like him.

Harry obviously doesn't hate Louis and maybe they're all right, maybe Harry just didn't want to deal with the social part of going out or maybe he really is watching The Real Housewives right now. Louis doesn't know, so it would be pointless to overthink it until he's sure.

With that in mind, Louis actually has a pretty good time with everyone. Niall seems to click with Noah the most so they hang out the majority of of the night.

Noah is a little bit older than the rest of them. He's twenty-seven and is already married with a kid but apparently him and his wife got married at a young age. Louis thinks it's really great that they're still together and caring for a kid. He kind of wishes he had that. Except for the having child and the marriage part...so just a partner really.

❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

On Wednesday, Harry patiently waits in his office for Louis to come. He actually found some work he could do so he's finishing that up. He's a little scared that Louis won't show because of him saying no to going out, but hopefully he still does because Harry will feel really bad if he doesn't.