Ware house

"Jesus Christ-"

"What?"

"It wrecks. I thought it was bad out there-"

"I can't remember if it looks bigger or smaller than I remember." Peter said walking into the rusted, worn down warehouse. It had been clean, the smell of disinfectants, and bleach strong in his nose, not stronger than the smell of old blood.

And if he was honest he couldn't tell. At times the place had seemed to big, to far from the door, to empty and lonely with only his thoughts and the wind, maybe a hallucination here and there. And at others it seemed to small to breath, like it had shrunk in a second, and the Man was to close for his comfort, felt like he was-

 "Kid! I thought I told you to wait in the car!" Jessica, who was as warming up to him, albeit still as mean as when she found him, not mean, just blunt and rude, probably from little social interaction and little will to try and fix that.

Peter looked around and then at the man, who Jessica had recruited to help them, he didn't meet him till Peter woke up in the car in the back seat.

The man wore glasses, for whatever reason, and he turned out to have powers, heighten senses. When Peter told Jessica he did to, the man- Matt, delicately let him know that with the trauma he endured it would be best not to go in and let him do it.

"Ki-"

"I needed to see it." Peter said, loud and determined, even as he trembled.

It shocked him to wake up in a regular abandoned warehouse, it looked so normal, nothing standing out, and it scared him, how many people passed by when he was passed out and not bothered to check?

"You saw. Now go-"

"He used to climb on the bars, at least at the end, and mock hawkeye." Peter said looking up at the beam that seemed so much closer, before it looked impossible to even jump to, probably because he couldn't even take a step, or think about it without his chest heaving.

"That one?" Jessica urged pointing at the bundle of beams and he nodded. "You smell anything?" Peter shook his head, he was dizzy.

"Matt-"

"On it." 

"Kid, go wait in the car, you saw it, I don't want you passing out-"

"We need to go!" Matt said and Peter heard a familiar sound, well multiple-

"Not going to lie, I thought they would find the kid faster." Jessica said, guessing it was the family picking up the baby cub.

"I'll go outside." Peter said and Jessica nodded. 

"I'll be there."