One

I force my body to keep going even harder as the sweat drips to the ground. Every muscle in my body right now is telling me to stop. But I don't want to and I don't need to. I take bigger steps each time.

My breathing slows down as I come to my house and notice a truck parked in the driveway. I opened the gate and slowly peeked in the door until I heard distinct talking. Familiar but I don't know, It's quiet.
I walked through to see my brother Ryan shoving my blueberries in his mouth.

"Hey hey hey what are you doing?" I questioned quickly walking over and grabbing them off him. He gave me a 'what the fuck' look before I grabbed me another bottle of water.

"Nice to see you too," Ryan said sarcastically, I chuckled ignoring the person in my peripheral vision.

"I would hug you but I'm all sweaty, how come you came back?" I asked sitting a few seats away from Ryan.

"Gas pipes exploded and wrecked the science block so the college is shut down for a few months while they inspect it and shit- oh by the way this is my roommate Max," Ryan said introducing his friend who I finally looked over to.

Damn it. Why do Ryans friends all have to be good looking with good bodies and cheeky grins with eyes that wonder over you like you're a piece of meat.

"Nice to meet you," He nodded holding his hand out for me to shake.

"Likewise," I bluntly replied shaking his hand.

Someone knocked on the door pretty loud so I rushed to get it. I opened the door to see my best friend Lara standing there with star bucks coffees.

"Life saver," I sighed grabbing my iced coffee off her.

"I know," she chuckled stepping inside and walking towards the kitchen.

"Ryan!" She screamed barely putting her coffee on the counter. It went to tumble off but both me and Max jumped for it and caught it. I never realised how close we were until I looked up and saw his lips were close to my face.

I quickly grabbed the coffee off him and put it on the bench. He turned off with a smirk on his face. I can already tell these next three months are going to be a ride.

"Who's this?" Lara asked sitting on Ryans lap and looking towards Max.

"Thats max my room mate," Ryan said and Lara shook Max's hand before turning back to Ryan.

"We're gonna go catch up uhm we'll be right back, sis show Max around," Ryan said as they began walking off. They are still doing this?
My best friend and my brother, gotta love it. Nah I honestly don't care, Laras had a crush on Ryan for years and as soon as she turned 18 Ryan went for it. They aren't dating, just simply having a good time. Lara's gorgeous though so I can't blame Ryan for liking that petite, brunette haired girl.

"Did Ryan show you your room?" I asked glancing at Max who was on his phone.

"Nope we just got here a few minutes before you did," Max replied putting his phone down.

"Alright I'll have a shower then I can show you around yeah?" I suggested, Max smiled and nodded. Well at least he isn't an asshole.

I finished my shower and afterwards just slid on a baby blue hoodie with some black booty shorts. Just something comfortable. My muscles are only a little sore.

I walked downstairs and Max was laying on the couch in the living room watching tv looking like he's about to fall asleep.

"Do you want a bed instead?" I chuckled throwing his duffle bag over my shoulder.