Chapter 34

Jisoo opens the door to the café and gestures for Jennie to enter.

Jisoo: After you my lady.

Jennie rolls her eyes at the older as she enters the warmth of the coffee shop.

Jennie: You're so extra Jichyu.

Jisoo smiles before following the latter inside.

Jisoo: Only for you Jendeukie.

Jennie releases a scoff as she took a seat at an empty table.

Jennie: You're an idiot.

Jisoo sits down in front of the younger girl and shoots her a playful smirk.

Jisoo: Only for you Jennie Kim.

Jennie breaks into a soft chuckle as she gently slaps Jisoo's arm. The older girl grinned from ear to ear before picking up the menu.

Jisoo: What do you want to drink Mandu?

Jennie: The usual.

Jisoo signals for a waiter to come by and take their orders.

She orders for Jennie a Pumpkin Spice latte, and a cappuccino for herself.

Turning back towards Jennie, she rested her head on her hand as she gazed at the younger girl admiringly. Jennie glances up from her phone as she breaks into a shy grin.

Jennie: Why are you staring at me Jisoo-ah?

Jisoo's lips lift up into a small smile at the younger's question.

Jisoo: Can't I just sit here and admire my beautiful wife.

Jennie sets down her phone as she copies the older girl's gestures. Jisoo smiles at her and lifts her eyebrow up in question.

Jisoo: Why are you staring at me Jennie-ah?

Jennie: Because I can. Because you're my wife, and I'm the only one who can stare at you like this.

Jisoo lifted her eyebrows up in amazement.

Jisoo: Wow, you're pretty bold today aren't you. Talking to me like this... Ahh~ Jennie Kim, you sure know how to make a woman's heart flutter.

Jennie releases a fit of giggles at Jisoo's teasing.

"Sooya!"

The two girls turn over to face the person whom the voice belonged to. To Jisoo's bewilderment, the person had been Soojoo.

Jisoo's face beamed at the sight of her friend. Jennie on the other hand seemed unamused.

Jisoo: Jooya!

Jisoo stands up from her seat as she gives Soojoo a hug, in which the latter returns.

Jisoo: It's great seeing you.

Soojoo: You too. How are you feeling?

Jisoo: I'm doing much better.

Soojoo smiles upon hearing Jisoo's reply. Noticing Jennie sulking in the corner, she smiles teasingly back at Jisoo. Stepping forward, she extends her arm towards the younger girl.

Soojoo: Hi, I'm Hong Soojoo, Jisoo's friend. It's a pleasure to meet you.

Jennie plasters a smile on her face before accepting Soojoo's gesture.

Jennie: Jennie Kim, Jisoo's wife. The pleasure is all mine.

The two girls shook hands, but unbeknownst to Jisoo, Jennie was busy scrutinizing Soojoo throughout the whole process.