44

Lyra (1)

I sat awkwardly at the table as Mako walked back with the tea. "Sorry it took awhile." He said as he poured it into the cup in front of me.

I want answers. I want to know if all these years not telling him was worth it or a waste.

Mako noticed my uneasiness, he furrowed his brows. "Everything okay, Ly?"

"Huh?" I removed my eyes away from the table and placed them on his.

"Does your ankle hurt? I can call the doc-"

"No, it's not that. Just..." Say it, Lyra. Get it over with. "I want to ask you something, Mako. And I need you to be honest with me. Completely honest with me."

Mako nodded, "Of course. What's on your mind?"

Once I formed the words in my head, before I could say them out loud, explosions were heard outside. Asami and Korra quickly walk into the room.

"You guys heard that too, right?" Korra asked us. Mako and I nodded. As they ran out, Mako helped me up then we followed.

Outside, the White Lotus Sentries, Beifong, and my siblings were outside looking at the city.

"We heard explosions. What's going on?" Korra asked Beifong.

"Republic City is under attack." She responds. I watch air ships fly over the city, bombs going on and smoke rising.

I look over at my siblings, they were just as scared as I was. "Go find mom and keep her company."'

They turn around and slowly do so. I turn to face Beifong. "My dad is in the city. We have to make sure alright."

"And that's exactly what we'll do." Korra said, her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm coming with you." I said sternly.

Mako shook his head, "No. You have to stay here."

I scoffed, "You can't tell me-"

"I can. And you will stay put on the Island." Beifong ordered.

I frowned, "But-"

"You're going to limp your way to death." Beifong averted her eyes to the other four. "Go."

They nod before running off. I huff, "Thanks a lot."

"You're welcome."

>>>

Time went on as we waited. It's been awhile now since they left, but I tried to remain calm. I had another thing to worry about.

One of the Equalists air ships were coming right to us. I glanced at my mother and siblings who joined us outside not too long ago.

We watched as the Equalists made their way down from the air ship. I face Beifong and she nods, telling me it's time.

"Everyone, hide inside and remain calm." Beifong tells them. Not even a second later, my mother screams. I roll my eyes, "Now is not the time to freak out, mom! She just said remain calm!"

"Mommy, what's wrong?" Ikki asks her. I grew concerned when my mother held her stomach, her groans are from pain.

"The baby's coming!" She yells, her face was covered in fear. We all widen our eyes.