Chapter five- oh, and it's Jules

" Louisa.... Baby wake up " I cooed into the sleeping girls ear.

" No. Pillow. Soft"  she moaned softly and adjusted her position to cuddle with a nearby pillow.

  I really do not have time for this.

" Okay, here we go " I dragged her off the bed by her feet and she landed with a thump on the ground with her bum.

" Ouchie" She huffed and rubbed her rear vigorously, while I laughed at her cuteness.

" Okay baby. Bath, breakfast and then proof to Veronica that you're a World tourist" I cheerfully bribed her, knowing that she will definitely fall for it.

And she did.

She jumped up on her two feet and began to race to the bathroom.

" To the bath mobil!" She screeched and disappeared behind the door.

  This girl would never cease to amaze me.

_______________________________

  Right now, we're on our way to Dwight Academy, and one of the men I met yesterday is the one driving.

  Louisa is at the backseat singing 'the wheels on the bus go round and round '

While I'm observing the road to make sure I can remember it for another day.

" Very active kid you got there"  He said and caught my attention.

  Earlier he said his name Edward, and I'm planning on how to not forget that.

" Tell me about it " I rolled my eyes at Louisa who just gave me a toothy grin after hearing what Edward just said.

" What's her name?" He asked but eyes still on the road.

" I'm Louisa or you can call me June" She answered and went back to her nursery rhyme.

  Edward laughed at her behavior. " There's never a dull moment with her is there?"

" Sometimes i wish there was, she's got the energy of a million volts in one body" I groaned remembering all the nights she won't let me sleep just cause she's not tired.

  He laughed again before speaking up.

" How old is she, if I may ask?"

" She's five" And I wait for him to call her smaller than her age.

" She looks four or a really tall three but with time she'll get taller "

" I hope so too" I sighed and watched her tiny legs swing with joy as she sang another rhyme.

" I wonder how she feels being the little one in her class"

Now it was my time to laugh, I am a hundred percent sure that she can fight for herself. And that was the difference between us.

  Louisa fights for her survival.

Meanwhile I avoid fights to survive.

But that's a thing I could learn from the kid.

" She may be small, but won't be intimidated " And Edward found this my statement amusing.

" It's clearly stated in her name though. Louisa means a fighter or survivor right?"

  I nodded in apprehension and he just smiled.

   A few more moments of silence pass between us before I opened up again.

" What time does the school end?"

" I believe two, or two thirty of sort. Any issue?"

And I finish work by four.