The deadline

Itachi Uchiha hopped out of his seat as well, "Don't worry about me. Worry about your laptop." He hurriedly got tissues from his bag to wipe down the damage. But my computer screen was already blacked out. So that was a bad sign. I sighed and groaned out loud. Slamming my hands on the study table, "This can't be happening. After everything I did.."

"Don't worry about it," My senior patted my head again. "I'll get it fixed." He started packing up my laptop into his bag. "I wish I could offer you a change of clothes though.." Our body build and our heights were too different. There was nothing I could do for him. The only thing he could do was shower at my place which he kindly refused.

It was already 10pm and he made his way home. I bid my goodbyes and goodnights before thanking him for helping me out once again.

Its been almost a week since the incident, and the deadline for the presentation is tomorrow. I continued studying but couldn't work on any slides and powerpoint for my project. I texted Itachi and asked him how was my laptop but was only replied with bad news. I sighed, this meant that Sasuke's presentation slides will be on display.. since I don't even have anything to present.

Tomorrow came and I had still nothing to present. All my efforts the past weeks were all in vain. Sasuke would probably make fun of me, thinking I wasn't contributing anything to the group project.

"Alright, Sasuke Uchiha and Naruto Uzumaki. You guys are up next." Teacher announced, smiling.

Sasuke smirked at me and inserted this thumb drive into the teacher's laptop. The first slide started showing on the projector.

It read:

The History of Moving Pictures

Presented by Sasuke Uchiha and Naruto Uzumaki.

After a short introduction, we moved on to the second slide. It was a familiar slide design..
Hold on.. its actually my slides!

I was shocked, staring at Sasuke with my mouth hanging wide. He nodded and titled his head, signalling me to start. I snapped back to reality, and shared with the class what I had learnt.

"Even though many articles claimed Thomas Edison to be the first inventor that started moving pictures, we have actually dug deeper and have concluded it might not have been Thomas Edison."

Sasuke nodded and stepped in, "Thomas Edison was not just an inventor but a genius businessman. He had many strong ties with the media therefore leading to his success."
I turned to look at him, before realizing some of my slides had Sasuke's additional input in them.
I had no idea what he was on about as I studied books not controversies.

"In fact, many sources given us information that Louis Le Prince could very well be the first that made the moving pictures using a single lens camera and a strip of paper film."

He continued giving reasonings and explanations on his perspective. Our teacher seemed to be very impressed with Sasuke, as always.

"Thank you very much." Sasuke bowed, ending our presentation. I bowed as well, confused by what just happened.

"A+ for both of you, very well done! Thank you for teaching the class and I something new."

We both sat down, and I nudged him. "What was that? You allowed me to present then you simply took the spotlight away.. leaving me absolutely humiliated!"

"It's not my fault, next time research on the topic properly. I just did you a favor because Itachi asked me to. Now, you owe me one.." He turned to look at me in the eyes.

"..Im not doing it for you, its for me." The Uchiha continued.

Woah.. Itachi helped me? But why is the Older Uchiha being so nice to me?

"What do you want?" I asked the younger brother. "Give me Sakura's mobile number."

... what?
Sakura?! I knew it!! He was going after the one girl in school that wouldn't swoon over him.

"Hell no. She's my best friend, I won't allow her to be one of your playthings!" The school bell rang, and I slung my bag over my shoulders preparing to storm out of class from such a ridiculous request.

"It's not like that." He grabbed my bag's strap before I could exit class. I turned around, furiously glaring at the taller student. At this point, everyone had already left class. "Hey, I did help you retrieve those files after all.." he started to talk gently towards me which made my skin crawl.

"I never asked for Itachi's or your help! And I won't trade my best friend for a god damn project!" I began raising my voice, hurt that Itachi was using me to help my rival. I thought he was genuinely nice. I thought wrong. Damned Uchihas..

"It's really not like that. Sakura was my first love. She broke me, that's why I vowed to never love again."

What? Sakura and ... him?
No way.

"You fucking liar." I grabbed his collar, threatening to beat him. Sasuke's patience snapped, and he grabbed onto my collar as well tightly. "Look moron, I tried speaking to you nicely but clearly that doesn't work. So let me ask you one more time.."

"Give me Sakura's phone number."

I shook my head and landed the first punch on his face. He started bashing me as well, he landed above me, sitting on my stomach and vigorously jabbing my face with his stone hard knuckles. Students outside of the classroom began hearing the chaos, with chairs and tables being pushed and tipped over. Eventually the discipline master and a few teachers had to separate us.

While we were being escorted to the Principal's office, students at the hallways were gossiping about the fight. Pissed off, I intended to spit out saliva on the ground but blood appeared instead.

The office door slammed behind us and we were being greeted by an angry looking principal. "What happened? I was told that Naruto, you got your first A on a project after working with Sasuke. Why did a fight break out?"

"It was because Naruto didn't deserve that A. He didn't contribute. Not one bit." Sasuke stated, calmly lying through his teeth.