E p i s o d e 1

You stepped outside, the cold immediately starting to nip at your skin. You pulled your scarf a bit higher so you entire neck wouldn't be cold, being sure your hair didn't get stuck between your skin and the scarf.

The village was quiet as always, it never was very loud, not even during festivals. A few people wandered the streets, as well as the merchant's at their stands as always.

This village used to be an omnic refugee camp that was kinda left behind, but a lot of the omnics stayed, giving reason the ratio of omnics to humans. There was 8 humans, including you, and 37 omnics.

"Hello Y/n!" A soft voice called to you in a friendly manner. You walked over to them, it was Batsal, an omnic merchant you sold any sort of tools. "Good morning, Batsal." You greeted.

"What are you planning to do today?" He asked kindly, you answered politely, "I'm going to the shrine over the south-east mountain." He started setting up his shop while the two of you spoke, "That's a long journey, 5-7 hours if I'm correct?"

You nodded, "Yes, but I saw something strange growing there last time I visited, I didn't want to grab any since there was so little of it, so I wanted to see if it grew." He chuckled light-heartedly, "Curious things humans are."

"We are, but it can be very useful to us in hard times." You said sweetly. "Yes indeed.. oh! Before I forget, I wanted to give you something." You watched curiously as he took off a necklace that was hidden under his shirt.

He offered it to you and you cautiously took it. "It was given to me by someone I used to hold dear before they passed, my mentor, a great monk." It was on a thin rope like thread, the pendant was a small rectangle of wood that had some strange symbols carved into it.

"He told me that it was blessed by many monks, and it would help anyone who wore it through difficult times." He spoke in a calm voice as you looked up at him, "I want you to have it, he gave it to me because he cared for me, and I pass it on to you, because I care for you."

You bowed your head, "Thank you, Batsal." He bowed his head back, "Of course, Y/n. Go now, you want to be back before dark." You nodded and put on the necklace before walking out of the village gate, heading up the trail on the mountain.

Around 7 hours later...

The trip had taken longer than you initially expected, the part where you cross over a river on a bridge took around an hour more than usual because of the bridge being broken.

But finally, you made it to the shrine. You planned to get the plant then speak to Nugah. Nugah was a monk that lived alone in the shrine, there used to be others, but they all left for different reasons.

After climbing the mass amounts stairs, you went yo the small corner behind the building where you saw the plang growing last. You were ecstatic when you saw it grew a lot more then you expected.

As well as that, five more of the same plant grew around the original one. You carefully dug out one of the plants, trying not to break any if its roots, then you put it, along with sone dirt, in a glass bottle, and put that into your bag.

Happy with what you had done, you went off to find Nugah, you guessed he was inside as always. So you trotted high up the stairs to the building, excited to be out of the cold.

You were out of breath by the time you got to the door, but with one final pant you pulled open the heavy wooden door and you quickly scurried in, then pulling the door shut behind you.

"Nugah? Nugah?" You called for the monk, taking off your scarf. "Ah, Y/n." You turned around the see the monk standing calmly behind you, which honestly kinda scared the crap out of you, "It's good to see you."

You smiled, "Same to you, Nugah." He nodded, "Come, sit down, I made tea." He led you to a room with lots of cushions, only lit up by a fireplace. The two of you sat down at a table and started talking normally, hin being intrested on how the town was moving along.

"And Laura and Micheal, there daughter must be, 7 years old now?" He asked curiously, you shook your head, "No, Dahlia turned 8 two weeks ago." He smiled at the thought of the child, "Ah, yes, do wish her a late happy birthday from me."

You smiled and nodded, "Of course, I will. I will also tell-" you were cut off by a sound of crashing of pots in a room upstairs in the prayer room. "What was that?" You stood up slowly.

"No, no, no.. they weren't supposed to come for another year or two.." the monk scrambled to his feet, paniced, leaving his usual calm self. "What, who wasn't supposed to come?-" The monk grabbed your hands, worried, "Leave, run home, warn your village to evacuate, find him, he lives in Kingsrow, he's the last other monk alive, he'll protect you, from them, Talon."

You stood there with your mouth gaped, you had heard of the evil group Talon, but why were they here!? "Go! Now!" With that, you ran off, to the place you entered, sure to be careful because there was a window in the prayer room that looked over to the entrance.

Just in case, you pulled out a pistol from your bag, you thought and hoped you'd never have to use it, but you had it just in case. As you creeped up to the entrance you stayed completely quiet but you looked at what was happening.

Nugah was being confronted by a man in a black cape, followed by woman with blue skin, and a very tall, thin woman, with firey red hair, there was also 6 other basic talon soldiers blocking the exits.

"I'll give you one more chance to answer, monk," the man with the cape spoke in a dark, gruff voice, pointing a gun at Nugahs head, "Where are the others!?"

Nugah seemed unfazed, keeping his calm calm composer, "I speak only the truth, they all left the shrine years ago." The man growled, "Fine, lie, we don't need you to find the rest of you monks." And with a moment of hesitation, he pulled the trigger, letting Nugah fall to the ground, dead.

You backed up against the door, covering your mouth with your hand, trying to keep in your sobs. Your eyes stared wide, tears welling up and spilling down your cheeks.

No one noticed you, so you were about to leave, until you saw the woman with red hair flick her eyes in your direction. As soon as you made eye contact with her you ran out the door, praying you got to the village before they did.