001. two strangers

real life.

    ☆ MARGO FAYE wasn’t always the biggest fan of parties, but since she was in town she has been invited to a random party her sister, Beatrice was hosting

    MARGO FAYE wasn’t always the biggest fan of parties, but since she was in town she has been invited to a random party her sister, Beatrice was hosting. On any given day, the woman would be in her hotel room in her PJ’s watching the Narnia marathon on TV, but her plans were changed and were on her way to Beatrice’s new home in downtown LA. Once she got out of her cab, Margo paid the driver and made her way towards the house, already hearing the loud indie music that played.

When she entered the house, Margo saw that it wasn’t nearly as packed as she assumed. Her nose wrinkled at the smell of alcohol that lingered in the air and slowly made her way to the kitchen, clutching her side as she passed by those she didn’t know and waved at those she remembers. Once she reached the dining room, she saw Beatrice bouncing a ball into a red solo cup with a small crowd around the table.

“Beer pong? That’s the drinking game you play out here in the States?” Margo spoke up after seeing the woman successfully get the ball into the cup and cheered for herself.

“Marge! You made it!” Beatrice smiled wide as her eyes landed on her older sister and ran over to her before granting her a hug. “Goodness, I’ve missed you!”

Margo wrapped her arms around her older sister and smiled before pulling away. “I FaceTimed you last night, Bea.”

Beatrice grabbed a solo cup from the table and handed it to her. “Listen, I love you a lot but I’ve gotta finish this game or else my friends will kill me.”

“Nah I get it.” Margo shrugged and looked around the room. “Have you seen Del? She said she’d be here.”

“Nope,” Beatrice pressed the cup to her lips and downed the liquid inside. “But hey, grab a drink and make some more friends okay? Loosen up, Marge.” she smiled at her sister before turning back to the table with her hands on her hips, “Now where were we boys?”

Margo chuckled at her younger sisters antics and shook her head. She readjusted the strap of her messenger bag and went to the kitchen, saying soft “sorry’s” to those she passed by. As she made it to the kitchen she saw various snacks on the table and reached for a cookie, taking a bite out of it before going to one of the two fridges and opening it. The whole first fridge was lined with beer bottles and any other alcohol you imagined.

But alcohol wasn't really something Margo was interested in at the moment. Plus, she wasn't looking forward to a hangover on her flight back to France, so she opted to look in the second fridge. She immediately found a box of fruit punch Capri Sun pouches with a sticky note that said, “For M.F. ONLY!” on it, and a fond smile spread on the woman's lips. Beatrice knew her too well.

After taking the whole box of Capri Sun and a bunch of snacks from the table, Margo was ready to mingle and search for Delaney Rogers. She made short conversations with various drunk people at the party, none of them seemed interested in the Mandela Effect, ghost, or Emily Dickinson, and she found that sad.

Margo has always been an oddball, she's known that, but she's never allowed that to get to her. She's had far too many accomplishments in her life for a simple noun to get to her.

When she reached the balcony, Margo looked out at the city below as she chewed on some almonds. LA is beautiful, she has to admit, but what was a shame was the lack of stars she could see in the sky. She’s always been a fan of the sky and the wonders that it held, from the stars to the planets that were yet to be discovered. Plus, not to mention the aliens flying through space trying to look for a new home, now that was a whole other conversation.

Margo has yet to find her friend, and if she was honest she wouldn’t be surprised if Delaney wasn’t even there. That woman had a history of not attending parties anyway, so Margo wasn’t too worried about it, but she was a bit lonely.

Margo would bother Beatrice, but she was probably busy entertaining guests with games and convoluted stories about their childhood. It was something Margo expected since she was the more outgoing one out of the two, while the eldest was the odd one out.

As she was so lost in thought under the sunset sky, Margo didn’t notice someone entering the balcony. It wasn’t until she felt the presence of someone next to her when she felt someone graze her elbows, pulling herself out of her own thoughts and was in awe at how tall the person next to her was.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you.” the man quickly apologized - in an American accent, Margo noted - his eyes lingering on the woman in front of him before looking at the city view below.

“It’s all right,” Margo smiled lightly, taking in the attractive man’s colorful appearance and shrugged. “It’s getting stuffy inside anyways.”

Matthew was quickly taken aback by Margo’s accent, his eyes widening as he heard her speak, a quickly turned his attention back to her. “Whoa, your accent is so cool, like seriously.”

“Thank you? Wait, yeah, thanks.” Margo laughed lightly, raising a brow at the lanky man in front of her. She found his reaction cute and bit into her inner cheek before turning back to the railing and leaned against it.

A silence fell over them as the indie music floated behind them as Margo and Matthew looked at the city lights ahead, with the sky slowly darkening around them. For some reason, in the short amount of time they’ve spent together, the two grew comfortable in each others presence.

Margo felt an inkling that nothing interesting that night and decided to strike up a conversation with this lanky, tall man. Margo and Matthew’s intellectual chats about Halloween and art slowly turns into a drunken heart-to-heart after a few sips of red wine.

And by the end of the night, the two had to part ways, they completely forget that they didn’t share their names. But by the morning, one was on her way back to France, while the other was filming a new movie with her sister.