You Bet || Poe X Reader

The mineral planet Crait didn't look like much from the window you were observing from, but you knew better. General Organa had informed everyone that there was an abandoned Rebel Base on the surface. Dug into the mountainside and heavily armored, it was a perfect escape for the barely surviving members of the Resistance.

As the transport lands on the surface, you're bustled towards the exit by a mob of anxious Techs.

Stepping out into the sunshine, you brace for a bitter cold, but it never came. The planet's white appearance wasn't snow.

It was salt. And the air was surprisingly warm.

"L/N! Let's go!" You hear someone shout from the direction of the base.

You turn to see none other than the cocky, arrogant and annoying Poe Dameron.

Seething, you make your way towards the base.

Unnoticed by you, two TIE fighters and a shuttle make their way into the Pilot's line of vision.

"Y/N! Hurry up!" he yells, the door to the base halfway down.

Now you noticed what he was gawking at behind you.

Running now, you make it into the base, the TIE's firing shots into the base as the door closed.

"Go! Go! Move!" Poe yells, turning around and running for shelter, other members doing the same.

You start to follow suit but before you make it deep enough into the cave, a shot from one of the fighters finds its way to the earth to the left of you, causing you to be hurled painfully to the other side of the small hold.

Landing with a thud, you whimper in pain, but dismiss it, standing up and making your way over to the rest of the Resistance members watching your slow progress with shocked expressions.

A medic rushes towards you, first aid kit in hand.

"Are you okay, Miss?" She asks, worry evident in her tone.

"Yeah. I'm fine." You mutter, once again dismissing the pain in your left arm.

Turning your attention to the people standing around you, you ask Leia,

"So? What now?"

The General gestures to Poe, who steps forward.

"Techs. Go get the shields up so they can't hit us from orbit." He says, the techs immediately rushing to the command room to start their task. "Everyone else. Start to gather weapons and put together defenses. L/N. With me."

Too exhausted to argue, you trail behind the Pilot, heading deeper into the cave systems.

After a short while, you start to feel dizzy and nauseous. Once again, you try to push through but your body had had enough.

Your knees buckle beneath you and you stagger over to a nearby wall, leaning on it for support.

"So I was thinking that maybe we could use these half-gutted skim-speeders - Y/N?" Poe rambles, clearly annoyed by your lack of conversation.

He slowly turns around to see you leaning on the wall, your face chalk white, and rushes over to you.

"Hey, Y/N? You okay?" He asks, grabbing your left arm.

You wince, pulling away from his grasp, losing your balance and falling back into his strong frame.

"I'll take that as a no... Let's get you sitting down..." Poe teases, guiding you to a nearby crate, sitting you down.

"Dameron." You start, trying to sound steely, but your state betrayed you. "It's nothing. Honestly. I'm fine."

But truth was, you weren't fine.

You start to shiver, the color draining from your face even more.

"Y/N." Poe says gently, his face softening. "You're not fine."

"But-"

The Pilot reaches out towards your left arm and rolls up the sleeve of your jacket to reveal a deep gash in your forearm.

Frowning, he searches the area for some sort of med kit, his gaze settling on a pack mounted to a nearby wall.

Poe stands up and retrieves it from it's mount and opens it to reveal bandages and a cleaning solution.

"This could sting a little." He says apologetically, his brown eyes meeting your e/c ones.

You wince as Poe pours the solution into your wound.

"Thanks, Poe." You mutter, embarrassed that he was making such a big fuss over you.

But the Pilot wasn't done yet. He continued to wrap your arm in bandages, taking extra care not to cause you unnecessary pain.

"There. Good as new." He states, leaning back to examine his handy work.

Your teeth start to chatter as a cold gust of wind blows through the base.

Poe instantly notices and starts to remove his jacket.

"Poe. I'm fine. I just got a chill. That's all." You protest, a blush creeping up to your cheeks.

"You're shaking! Just take it."

"I'm fine, Dameron."

"No your not. You've been shot, lost blood and almost passed out on me." He teases, moving closer to you and wrapping the jacket around your shoulders.

Now you were really blushing.

The two of you sit in an awkward silence until you start to doze off, your body absently snuggling closer towards the man sitting next to you.

*Timeskip*

"Y/N... I have something I need to tell you..." You hear a voice say, your brain not registering who it belonged to.

Groggily, you sit up, and find yourself staring at Poe.

"What?" You ask, your words slurring together.

The Pilot takes a deep breath, grasping your hand in his own.

"Y/N... truth is... I've had my eye on you ever since you joined the Resistance... When I saw those TIE fighters behind you, my heart skipped a beat... and when you were shot, I was already bracing myself for the worst..."

"Spit it out, Dameron." You demand, all grogginess suddenly gone.

"Truth is, I think I'm in love with you, Y/N." Poe confesses, suddenly sheepish.

You sit there, absolutely stunned beyond belief.

"If you don't feel the same way, that's completely fine..." He mutters, filling the silence that hung between the two of you.

You smile, snuggling even closer to the man you just couldn't stand, resting your head on his chest.

Taking your sudden action as a yes to his confession, Poe gently cups your chin and closes the distance between the two of you.

"I knew you two were up to something..." A voice says from afar.

The two of you break apart to see The General watching from a distance with a knowing twinkle in her eye.

Poe laughs and your eyes meet once more as The General continues on her way.

"I'll take that as a yes?" The Pilot teases, cupping your cheek and kissing you again.

"You bet, Dameron."

A/N
So this was an idea I've had buzzing around in my head for weeks now and finally got a chance to write it out! Thanks for reading and May the Force be with You!