Celebrations Pt. 2 || Poe X Reader

You were falling for someone you'd swear you'd barely talk to.

You were falling for non other than Poe Dameron.

"So, (N/N)? Wanna go celebrate?" Poe asks, breaking the awkward silence that had settled in between the two of you.

"S-s-sure..." You whisper, as Poe offers his hand to help you up.

You take it, the touch sending shivers down your spine once more.

"Where is everyone celebrating?" You question, as Poe lead you down the winding hallways.

"They should be outside by now, if it stopped raining."

"Outside?"

"Yeah. There's gonna be a fireworks display." Poe replies, smiling down at you.

Fireworks brought back so many memories for you. When you were younger, you would watch the dazzling colors dance through the night sky from your family's secluded home. You always wished you could go into town for a better look, but that never happened.

You both walk outside to see a large circle of people gathered around a campfire, chatting loudly.

"Finn! Rey! I found (Y/N)!" Poe hollers to two figures standing on the other side of the fire, as he guides you towards his friends.

You both sit down beside the two people, Poe's hand never leaving yours.

"So Poe? Where'd you find her?" Rey asks, curious.

"She was still tinkering with Black One, as Finn suspected." The Pilot replies.

Casting his trademark smile towards you he adds, "What can I say? She's dedicated."

You feel a blush creep up your neck and up to your cheeks.

"I'm gonna go get something to drink. Anyone else want something?" Finn asks, standing up.

"No thanks." You reply, staring intently at the dancing flames.

"I'll come with you, Finn." Rey states, getting up as well, following the shadowy figure of Finn as he and Rey make their way away from the fire, disappearing into the night.

Time passes and neither Finn nor Rey return.

You start to feel yourself dozing off surrounded by the warmth of the fire, Poe's jacket and Poe.

"Hey." Poe nudges you softly, interrupting your sudden doze off.

"Hmm? Wha?" You muse out loud, turning to meet Poe's brown eyes.

"I said the fireworks are going to start soon. Where would you like to watch them?" He repeats, chuckling a bit at your sleepy state.

"Oh! I dunno... how about somewhere dark so the colors are more..." You search for the right word, "Extravagant?"

"Sure (N/N). Whatever you want."

Poe helps you up once again, this time guiding you towards a grassy hill away from the light of the flames.

The first firework goes off with a bang. Beautiful colors dazzle through the inky darkness.

You both lay down on the grass in silence, ignoring the fact that it was soaking wet, watching the fireworks dance across the sky.

After a while, Poe once more interrupts your doze.

"(Y/N)... There's something I haven't told you before..."

You roll onto your side so your facing him.

"Hm?" You hum softly.

What happens next completely throws you off guard. Poe wraps his arm around your torso, pulling you closer and smashes your lips together, kissing you.

You pull away after a few seconds, completely star struck.

"What?" He asks jokingly.

"You. I. We..." You stutter, unable to find words.

Poe pulls you closer, and you roll back onto your back, eyes on the firework show once more.

Grasping your hand lightly, Poe smiles at your face bathed in the light from the fireworks.

Best victory celebration ever.

A/N
Suuupppperrrrr cheesy!!! Ugh. I was tired but knew I had to get another part up.. sorry for the cheesyness.