16|| How can I believe you?

Connor Mendley

Connor Mendley.

I refused to look up but sneaking a peak through my hair I get a glimpse of him, leaning casually some feet away from the door. He was smoking and apparently he'd been there the whole time, only my tormentors where too excited to noticed. I became even more embarrassed at the thought of him witnessing me like this, especially since I still half naked. I curled even more over myself, my sobs increased unstoppably.

Kill. Me. Now.

"None of your business, you creep." spat Shannon with a fist over her hip.

The rain kept falling, only soaking me since they were under the peak of the roof and if I wasn't so focused on hiding my exposed body and embracing me for what could happen I would had noticed my limbs started becoming numb from the freezing.

Through my soaked flocks I caught Connor stepping on his cigarette to unlight it and pushed off the wall. He's leaving. A mix of relief and disappointment washed over me.

I dared to rose my eyes and immediately regretted it when they met Jade's pale blue ones, filled with hate and disgust.

"I'm done sparing you, whore."

And with that she spun her heels and disappeared through the door again, followed by her minion.

I couldn't understand her deep loathed for me. Why couldn't she just ignored me? Why does she had to hurt me that much? That deep? Every inch of my body hurt and I felt worthless and cheap. Just like she wanted me to but I couldn't help it.

I must get up and off that freezing weather but I couldn't. I couldn't move. I could only stare where they'd disappeared in shock, afraid that they came back for more. I forcefully pressed my lids shut, but not even that stopped the flow of tears mixing with the pouring rain. I was crazy shivering, frozen to the core and my numb arms did a poor job to protect me from the cold as more icy water slid and crashed against my skin.

How was I supposed to reach my stuff, or my locker, or even made my way home? I was half naked, soaked and humiliated.

I sobed harder.

What had I ever did to deserve that? I asked myself for hundreth time.

I ain't heard footsteps but suddenly something warm and heavy covered my bare shoulders and back. My eyes immediately opened wide and I stared in disbelieve the boy in front off me.

Connor.

Didn't he left?

Apparently not since he was glaring back at me with such intensity that I felt it through the tears and rain. The dry cloth on me was his leather jacket. It was lined inside and the leather didn't let the water slipped in. I wrapped it tightly around my shaking form and absorbed the remained heat from his body.