Chapter Fifteen - Creature

For a moment, Kat thought she would get away with it. She was about a mile from the edge of ShadowClaw territory, aiming for the city.

She smelt the wolves first, bitter and angry. Then she heard their paws thundering on the ground behind her. Kat picked up the pace while her head swam with all the information The Three had given her.

So, she was immortal. Mind blown.

Still don't want to be a chew toy for these idiots.

She rounded a corner, border line in sight, when a huge wolf crashed into her side, throwing her into the nearest tree trunk. Kat slumped to the floor in a heap.

"Really?!" She pulled herself to her feet, as the wolf stalked towards her, canines bared, growling.

Kat raised an eyebrow, all the fear within her, gone, replaced with blind fury.

"Do you know what I've been through these last EIGHT YEARS?! Running from you and my IDIOT brother?! Thinking I could never have a mate or even a FRIEND?! And this WHOLE TIME..." Kat threw her arms in the air and laughed darkly, "This whole time I've been untouchable."

She smelled the wolfs confusion.

"I can tell you this little secret. I'm immortal. I have the blood of the first born children of the moon. The strength of the Original Six. Your mighty Alpha Konan is nothing, ​nothing​compared to me. And one day soon I will come for him and I will kill him. I can tell you this secret, because I can hear your friends coming. But they won't be fast enough. My secret dies with you."

Kat lunged before he'd registered her words, Not even bothering to shift as she put all her pain and fury and frustration into her attack. She leaped onto the wolf's back, standing between his shoulder blades, she wrapped her arms around his huge neck.

"You'll be a message to my dear brother. He'll know it was me, as I kill you the way he did our mother." She hissed into his ear, and then ripped his head off. As his body fell forward, Kat rode the momentum, and landed carefully on the ground.

She dusted herself off and walked out of the territory she used to call home. The territory she would call home again.

She had walked a few blocks into the city when she realised what she had done. She had acted without thought, incited war. She had been angry and confused and pissed at The Circle and The Oracles of Three.

Kat rubbed her eyes, exhausted.

I need to pull myself together. That was not me.

​She walked quickly through the city, pushing through a bustling market. Her nose suddenly filled with the scent of wolves.

She looked through the crowd, looking for telltale signs. Glancing behind her she spotted four wolves huddled around a food stall.

One looked up, catching her. He smiled, sniffing the air, before looking at her with confusion.

Great. Absolutely fab, you're really on a roll, Kat.

​​​She turned away, walking quickly as the wolf nudged his friends.

The next block was like something out of a horror movie. A dark street stretched out in front of her, impossibly long. Street lights flickered. The road was deserted.

Shit.

​Kat looked up at the Moon, mumbling expletives.

"Why you running, sweetheart?"

Kat span around, he'd sneaked up on her.

"I said, why you running?" the man smiled, Kat shivered with revulsion.