Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

"(y/n), wake up," You heard a voice as you were gently shaken. Your eyes opened slowly to see Jason kneeling beside you. "Are you ok? Something was wrong with the door." You paused for a moment as you let your brain remember everything that happened.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Where's Ryo?"

"He stormed off as soon as Quince opened the door. Ryo must have been banging on the door for nearly an hour. You slept through that?" Jason questioned. He was surprised at your ability to block out the noise.

"I usually wouldn't be able to, but I was just so tired," You explained. "Thank you for checking on me and waking me up," you smiled. In your mind you debated whether or not you should hug him. You really wanted to, but you were worried it would be awkward since you didn't know if he had any physical boundaries. Then again, he doesn't have much of a problem dragging me around everywhere, you contemplated.

"Of course!" He smiled. "I'm glad you're ok. I've never seen a door in this house behave so stubbornly. I almost thought Quince would have to contact the higherups." Your heart was filled with so much relief to hear Jason's rambling. Ryo was really frightening earlier. You decided to give in and press a gentle hug to Jason.

"I really appreciate everything, Jason," You said softly before pulling away. As your brain carded through your memories, you remembered a small detail. Jason asked me not to get to close to Ryo... was this why? Before you could asses Jason's reaction to your moment of affection, you asked, "Jason, was there a specific reason you wanted me to stay away from Ryo?"

"No, it was just a bad feeling," Jason started, but then his eyes hardened. "Did something happen? Did Ryo do something to you while you were trapped in here?" He gripped your shoulders.

"Relax, it wasn't anything like that," you fibbed a little. "I was just wondering. Being alone in a room with that grumpy jerk made me wonder if you had beef with him or something."

Jason tore his gaze to the ground before looking back at you, "It's really nothing personal between me and him. I just want you to stay away."

You weighed your options. After whatever the hell happened earlier, avoiding Ryo for all eternity seemed like a decent idea. But at the same time, it was an eternity. Being stuck in a house with someone you can't talk to would seriously suck.

"I understand and appreciate your concern," you started. "And in any other circumstance, I would do as you ask. But even if he is a jerk face, I really don't want to live with animosity for an eternity"

"You know an eternity isn't guaranteed, right?"

"You mentioned something like that," you admitted. "But how is that relevant?"

"I'm just asking that you don't become foolish with your existence, that's all," He pressed his palm to your shoulder. "If you're hungry, I made some pasta earlier."

You smiled. He really cares a lot. "That sounds really good right now, will you hang out with me while I eat?"

"I was planning on it," Jason said as he offered you an arm.

----

Hell yeah, noodles, you thought. Jason handed you a bowl of angel hair pasta with an alfredo sauce. "Thank you so much! Do you do all the cooking?"

"Well, the higherups leave completed meals in the fridge, so I don't really have a responsibility. I just enjoy the process. So, not every meal. But as many as I feel like," he explained. You nodded, and silently ate for a few moments. I feel like I could ask Jason anything.