Chapter 11: Oh Pangu

Fanghua sighs as he places a violet silk veil around the lower half of his face. It was mandatory for all maids to wear a veil when on duty. It was worn to hide there presence as they were not worth being noticed by those with power. Fanghua did not care one bit for this rule as it would hopefully bring less attention to his beautiful face. The other maids observed Fanghua as he put his veil on. Some with awe, however many with jealousy. To them, it looked like a magnificent beauty who was currently expressing a calm and stoic gaze. But truthfully, Fanghua was absolutely terrified. This was really happening!

"Fanghua, please go collect some fresh petals of the Ozia flower from the gardens outside and bring them to the Chamber of Eternal Youth." A maid calls out.

Fanghua briefly nodded and reached for a basket, not noticing the slight snickers that arose. Not really processing what she said, he heads outside the maid chambers. At that moment, regret was hitting Fanghua like a wheelbarrow attached to a crazed charging bull. Why just why had he had to do all those things to the darn Crown Prince.

What had he done in his past life to deserve such luck! He had only gone back on his word once because of that stupid idiot and needed money and now he was in such a mess. Hah, once he manages to get out of here and meet that idiot again, he will surely get his revenge.

Someone, someone just come and wake him up from this dream. Please. To think he, a male, had become a maid for the Crown Prince. The shame! Could his life get any worse?!

Fanghua was aimlessly wondering, lost in his raging thoughts when he suddenly bumps into something and is sent sprawling onto the floor.

"Ouch," Fanghua mutters as he raises his skirt to check his scraped knee.

"Whaa-what are you doing!?" a flustered and timid voice reaches Kai Fanghua's ears and he looks up, squinting from the blaring sun shining behind the persons back.

As his eyes adjust, he sees an extremely delicate looking boy with silvery pink hair and a set of gorgeous big eyes that shone like lotus petals. A beautiful and lavish pink with a touch of orange. What made them even more mesmerising were his eyelashes. White like snow.

His hair was not straight and long, but instead wavy with a few strands at the back reaching past his shoulders, contributing to his innocent and youthful look. He may have been the same age as Fanghua or perhaps a year or two younger.

His cheeks were flushed a deep red as he sees a beautiful maid suddenly expose her legs so suddenly and without a moment's hesitance. Fanghua's eyes widen slightly. What a unique looking boy.

He suddenly crouches forward, squeezing his eyes shut as he rushes forward and grabs Fanghua's skirt before pulling it down. What on earth was this boy doing? It was only then that Fanghua realised that he had just exposed his legs in front of a boy, a stranger at that whilst he was posing as a female.

Even Kai Fanghua felt embarrassed after realising the shameful deed he had done without a second thought. So much skin from a woman should only be seen by one's husband.

"Ah I am really sorry. Please overlook my shameful act for I had not noticed you." Kai Fanghua hurriedly says, quickly getting back onto his feet and bowing his head.

"Ah no need no need. Zen is sorry for bumping into you without watching where Zen was going." Zen says, bending down to pick Fanghua's basket before placing it into his hands. He was wearing a white hanfu with pale blue flowers sewn delicately around, adding to his ethereal look.

"Ah thank you," Fanghua says, smiling up at him as he grasps the basket. To think he even appologised to a maid, what a kind soul. Zen's eyes slightly widen after he sees Fanghua's smile before quickly looking down at his feet, embarrassed.