Chapter 5: The Fight

Chapter 5:

The Fight

Both me and Asuna were just finishing up our English work as quickly as possible. I wanted to get up front and see Takuma—and also Shiki.

   “You are the bestest friend ever!” Asuna said for the sixty-fifth time. I rolled my eyes at her.

   “You’ve said that already… and ‘bestest’ isn’t a word,” I reminded her for the twentieth time. She couldn’t stop giggling, she was so happy. Seeing her happy was also putting me in a jolly mood too.

   “I know but I love you so much! You are the best! Thank you so much! Ahh… Ichijo…” She spoke dreamily. I wrote down the last sentence of the English worksheet we had to complete. I was a smart girl compared to other.

   I grinned a gaze at her and stood up. I handed my sheet into the teacher and forwarded on to pack my things into my suit case. “I wanted to see you talking to him; after all you said you’ve never actually eyed him before.” I said clipping my suit case together. A large smile made her dimples as big as I’ve ever seen before.

   “Just thank you… I don’t know how to repay you.” Asuna said as her face started to turn red again. I shook my head.

   “Just have my back and be ‘you’” I mentioned as the bell started to ring. We zoomed out the door as quickly as possible so we could get a good spot. I didn’t realize that we had to wait around an hour for the night class students to even leave their dorms—maybe even longer. There were only one or two people standing near the dorms large wooden door. One of which was Jewels—her death staring continued from last time when I turned up. Yuuki was there early so she could control the day class girls wanting to grab and push at the night class students.

   She noticed us there and waved—it seemed she found me reliable rather than an enemy. I waved back and smiled. “She’s so nice,” I said to Asuna, “Why do all the girls hate her so much?”

   “I’ve already told you that,” She glanced me a weary look. I nodded but I still had my doubts about this.

   After a very long wait, many more girls gathered around the entrance to the night class dorms large wooden door. Since Yuuki was with the Disciplinary Committee, she had to keep them back—she wasn’t doing the greatest job of it as they kept getting past her. I felt as if I might’ve been able to help.

   “Should we help her?” I asked Asuna; she shrugged.

   “Nah, that’s the Disciplinary Committee’s job. If Yuuki needed help, then she’d leave it to Zero—but he always turns up late so… There goes Jewels.” Asuna murmured. I watched as Jewels moved toward Yuuki. Yuuki stepped back, letting her guard down as all the girls watched for what Jewels was going to do next. I hesitated and kept my gaze among Yuuki. My mortified look sprung up once I saw Jewels push Yuuki back into a large tree. She had a tight grip on her school vest. I wanted to waltz in and stop but I suddenly felt this hand pull my arm, Asuna was assuring me without words that this was not the right thing to do.

   “What does he like about you huh?! Well?!” Jewels shouted at Yuuki’s face. She flinched and stood still. Fear in her eyes, she glanced at the large wooden doors which separated her from the night class students. I also glanced in that direction, the night class students were not in sight. The only person who would actually have the guts to help Yuuki would most likely be me and me only. I had this urge, this strong urge to just wack her face in.

   “Kaname…?” Yuuki replied frightened. She was trembling—this chick was huge in size and looked like she could pack a punch. I would be sacred too if I was pinned to a tree by her.