Sleepovers

after getting a hotel room and some food I decided to walk through the streets and reminisce. I miss being here before everything happened. The cold wind hits my skin like blades of ice.
"You look cold, here take this darling" a soft and gentle voice said from behind me as if they were worried. I tun around to see Kol standing there holding out a black coat for me. I take it and put it on feeling the relief of the warmth wash over me.
"Thanks" I mutter.
"So darling, why are you out so late"
"Couldn't sleep and memory lane was calling"
"Mind if I join then?" He asked almost hopeful.
"Sure why not"

We were walking down the dimly lit street our hand almost touching. There was a comfortable silence that surrounded us and I knew I felt safe.

A small smile appeared on my face for the first time in years. For the first time in years I got a glimpse of happiness.

After 3 hours of walking I started to yawn and Kol insisted that I go to my hotel room and sleep. When I woke up there was a heavy weight on my stomach. I looked down to find an arm draped over me, I turn my head to see a sleeping Kol behind me.

"Kol!!!" I screamed
"What, whats wrong, are you ok, what happened" he blurted out. I started chuckling.
"Not that I have a problem, but why were you sleeping in my bed?" I'm not going to lie, I liked waking up with Kol beside me, it was comforting.
"Well when you fell asleep I was going to go home but I got worried, I didn't want anything to happen to you so I stayed. I hope that's ok?" He explained. I felt my heart start to beat faster and a blush made its way to my cheeks. It been a long time since anyone cared about if I was going to be ok or was even worried about me.
"Yeah it's ok" I reply smiling.

I was looking into his eyes when my phone started to ring. I looked over to see Elena calling
"What Elena" I almost yell
"Come to the boarding house, Damon is sorry and we still need your help" she asked
"Nope, not going to happen. I tired doing this your way and helping but Damon tired to kill me so not going to happen Elena. I will stay in town and make sure Jeremy didn't get killed as a result of you being a psycho bitch. Next time you need an assassin for hire go to someone else." I hang up after my rant and looked over to see a shocked and confused Kol.
"What In the hell was that?" Kol said looking me directly in my eyes.