8.1 One Plus One Makes Three, Gentlemen

It will almost take at least a week before anyone can cross any realm. There are a lot of documents that one should consider before crossing over. One, the personal information; here includes the name of the person, place of birth, birthdate, origin, species, etc. A citizen seal should be attached in this document to prove that one is a real inhabitant of the said realm.

Two, the person must not be a criminal from that realm. This is to avoid any danger to cross over. Criminals are often detained under custody. Nobody ever crossed the realms with a criminal record, aside from the offenders that will be sent to other's realm prison for execution.

And three, the reason of transfer. One should have a valid reason for crossing over. Vacation can be accepted, however, the pass will only be limited for a few months. Once the pass has expired, the person is required to report to the customs or else the person will be charged with a fine. Transport of goods is also accepted however only on selected merchants. Merchants who are originally from the realm will be accepted easily.

Also, anyone can pass if there was a request or an invitation from the both realms.

The competition about choosing the Empress Candidate has become a hot topic among the nine realms. After the announcement, a selected few realm leaders are given with an invitation attached with the emperor's seal. This will give them the easy entrance as well as a grand welcome for the respected guests. The five judges for the competition are said to be part of these honorable guests.

There are also those realm leaders who wasn't invited (due to no public relations) but interested to watch the competition so they filed a request to the court. Requesting takes longer time than the invitation process, so those leaders who received an approval only made it to the second round of the competition where the candidates are said to be having an arithmetic contest. A day was alloted to give the leaders a warm welcome from the Emperor of [THE WORLD] and his finest subjects.

Clad in a majestic white robe with black edges, the famous scholar Zhong Song welcomed the guests with a smile. Beside him would be General Gu with his full armor attire, and his men of warriors. Maids and eunuchs made a line on the sides, kneeling on knees with head lowered to the ground. The other servants are doing the same far behind, all forming a path towards the center of the palace where the throne of the emperor can be found.

From the nine realms, only five leaders are invited. Their welcome party happened a few days ago, and so today's celebration is for the three leaders of the remaining realms. The five leaders who came earlier either stayed beside Yu XueQin to see the coming guests, or resting on their rooms with their men.

The first to arrive would be from the farthest realm from [The World], Faran. Faran was ruled by a child dragon emperor, Mu BoLin, who is said to be the youngest among the nine leaders. Well, Faran is a new realm after all. Its birth just happened five thousand years ago.

This would be Mu BoLin's first visit to the realm so he was ecstatic. The child wore his golden emperor clothes tampered with gold medals and fine jades. It might look a bit large with his small physique, but the aura he was releasing is of that of a high-ranking emperor. He was only a bit taller to JiDan. He has a round face, slit eyes with black irises, deep dimples on the cheeks, and a bianzi (queue or cue) hair style. The hair on top was long, braided down up to the length of his knees.

[A/N: I'm not sure if I got the pinyin right tho.]

"Greetings to the Faran Emperor," Zhong Song said with a bow. "Welcome to the World Realm."

Mu BoLin nodded. "Zhen is happy to receive your approval. We are looking forward to the competition."

"The pleasure is ours, your highness."