Seamus Finnigan // Rock

Okay, befor you get onto reading the oneshot, this one's kinda short and is so much unlike Seamus (idk you guys tell me)

I had originally planned this with Dean Thomas in it, but I've got another one planned for him!!

I'm not really happy with this one, so some feedback would be great!

vote!☆

**********

"Ready for fourth year, honey?" My mother asked me as she helped me load the trunks onto the train. Her question wasn't about the school programmes, but was about my condition.

"Ready as ever. Tony keeps talking about something exciting going on." I smiled at her, not wanting to say anything, as the two of us made our way to my elder brother, who was waiting to bid goodbye. He had graduated Hogwarts about five years ago and had become a fully qualified Auror in August.

He ruffled my neatly-tied plait as I swatted his hand away, "Have a great year, stupid. And watch out for the event of the year!"

He had been talking about it since after the Quidditch World Cup and would not shut up about it.

"Will you keep your trap shut already? I'm sick of hearing stuff about that-" I began but was cut off by the sound of the train's whistle; it was gearing up, ready to leave.

I narrowed my eyes at him over my mother's shoulder as she gave me a hug. "Take care, Mum. Don't think about him too much."

She gave me a sad smile, "Everyday, I try not to. You have fun at school. Send us a letter as soon as you can."

I gave her another quick hug and turned to my brother, "You'll watch over her right? She's not doing well since-"

"I know my job, sister." He looked at her retreating figure that was going over to our vehicle. "But, will you be fine?"

I swallowed down the urge to cry out and rush into the arms of my brother who would comfort me as any other elder brother would do, but instead I shrugged, "I always am."

My brother was not fully convinced with my answer, but nevertheless, he gave me a quick hug and I hastily boarded the train. I rested my head against the nearest window I could find. There was nobody in the aisle. Eveybody was catching up with each other, waiting to hear their stories over the crazy summer, especially the incident after the World Cup.

I breathed in, composed myself and began to find a compartment. Before I could take another step forward, a hand encircled my wrist and my head swiveled back just to find Seamus Finnegan my best friend since we were kids. Our parents had known each other for a very long time, so I spend most of my time at his house, which resulted in us bonding.

"Hey..." I turned to him and smiled, if you would call it a smile. It was more like a slight upturn of the sides of my mouth with absolutely no emotion in it.

"Y/N." Seamus still had my hand in his, which he used, to pull me closer to him, "I said it in the summer, and I'm saying it again, please talk to me. No, I don't know how it feels losing someone so close to you, but I'm trying to help you, princess."

That was the word. That was the word he used to call and that made the unshed tears roll down my cheek. Surging forwards, I wrapped my arms around him and sobbed into his neck.

Seamus shushed me and rubbed his hand down and up my back, soothing me, "I'm here, don't worry..."

After a very long time, I pulled back and sniffled. I wiped my eyes as Seamus shot me an encouraging smile, which drew my breath away, as always.

He pulled me into the nearest carriage, which was empty. He sat next to me, and laced our fingers together.

I rested my head on his shoulder as he drew circles on the back of my palm with his thumb.

"Dad always hated it whenever it was our time to go back to Hogwarts. Even though he acted that way, he was extremely proud of our progress im school, he being an amazing Potioneer. Now Tony is a Auror, and I know my dad would've been proud of him." I slowly said as Seamus rested his head lightly on mine.

"I know it's going to take some time to get over his untimely death, but just so you know, I'm here for you. Always." He kissed my forehead.

"You're always there for me no matter what. Thank you so much, Seamus." I pulled back and looked into those beautiful eyes and rested my forehead on his. He was my rock, and honestly, without him, I would lose my mind.

We were leaning in togther and finally his lips grazed mine in a small, soft kiss that was no more of a peck, but it melted my insides, and we both pulled back, my heart's sorrow dissuading a little.

"And, you have made him proud, too, you know?" Seamus said, as he tucked a strand of my hair behind.

"How?" I pulled away entirely, and looked out the window.

"Just by being you. You are kind, caring and every good quality is in you. And let's not forget your knack at Potions. You inherited it from him after all." Seamus said, and I looked at him from the corner of my eyes, but I could not believe what my ears were hearing. Seamus was complimenting me?

I narrowed my eyes at him playfully, "Who are you and what have you done to my Seamus?"

Seamus scoffed at me and stood up as the Trolley Witch pulled over to our cabin, "Three pumpkin pasties, please."

"Why three? Is Dean or someone joining us?" I crossed my legs on the seat, feeling a little better after talking to Seamus.

"No, it's because you never eat one; once you're done you always come for mine." Seamus looked over his shoulder at me and raised his eyebrows.

"Now that's the Seamus I know." I grinned as he handed over the coins into the older witch's palm, sending a 'thank you' to her as she chuckled at the two of us and pushed her trolley cart yelling, "Anything from the trolley? Anything from the trolley?"