Chapter Thirty Two

"Okay, this silence is getting ridiculous, Stefan!" I exclaimed, annoyed at the quietness that had enveloped us as soon as we had all gotten into the car. Hollee sat quietly in the back as I sat in the passenger seat besides Stefan, who hadn't really said more than three words to me. He was angry -If not a little dissapointed with me, and I could I understand why. I mean, I completely dissapeared off of the face of the earth for three days before i let them have any communcation with me. I felt guilty about it as well, but there was nothing i could do now. What's done is done.

"Well, what do you want me to say, Lillie?" Stefan questioned, glancing over at me before training his eyes back on the road. "Last we heard of you, you were going to go and see Damon and when I get home he's even more pissed than before and you're no where to be found."

I heard Hollee shuffle slightly in the back, most likely interested in what's being said.

Couldn't Stefan wait until we were home to talk about this? I thought bitterly to myself.

"What exactly happened between you two?" Stefan asked curiously.  Obviously not.

I shrugged. "We talked." I replied vaguely.

"About?"

I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest, sinking down lower in the seat.  "Nothing important."

"Your not going to tell me, are you?" Stefan asked, his eyes flickering to me and then back to the road.

I tilted my head to the side to look at Stefan. "There's nothing too tell." I stated simply, but even as I said the words out loud, they sounded like nothing more than a lie. I turned away from Stefan, I couldn't look at him knowing that I was blatantly lying to him. And by the looks he was casting my way -he knew it to, and I'm more than sure that Hollee could tell as well. But I couldnt tell him that Damon had kissed me, could I? ...No, that would do no one any good.

The more I thought about Damon and how I left him, the stronger the guilt inside me grew. I knew it was wrong and immature to just jump on the earliest flight without thinking everything through and leaving everyone behind with all the problems,  but I needed to get away...from everything...Or maybe it was just Damon that I was trying to run from, because I know as much I keep trying to deny it -I felt something. When he kissed me, I felt more that I was suppossed to, more than I wanted to. I didn't want to push him away that night - If anything, I wasnt to pull him closer, but it wasn't right. He was hurt, and that's all the kiss was to him; a coping mechanism. I couldn't let myself be used that way, not matter how much I seemed to want it.

"He's furious with you." Stefan stated, almost sympathetically.

I licked my lips and sighed. "Yeah I know. I got that from the hundred voicemails he left me."

There was no way I could face Damon today and maybe even tomorrow. I don't even know what I could say to him to make this whole situation better, less awkward, less hateful. I don't think I could deal damon hating me. I could live with a small disliking, but hatred? No, I couldn't bare to have him hate me. Even after everything he had done to me in the past,  I've never hated him or ever thought about him hating me.

"How's Elena?" I asked quietly.

Stefan sighed beside me and his fingers curled tighter around the steering wheel. "Fine." He answered bluntly.

Now my interest was peaked. Before I left they were absolutly perfect together and nothing could go wrong with their relationship, now? Something about Elena was bothering Stefan more than he was willing to admit out loud, or even to himself and I highly doubt that it was something small and petty.