Chapter 12 : Dealing with repercussions 101.

With everything that's happened lately, I'm sad to say one little detail had completely slipped my mind.

Alexander's makeup quiz was the day after tomorrow.

Mister Henderson made his way into the classroom shortly after Alexander walked out. He found me in class, holding onto the bag Alexander gave me with my head throbbing. He looked me up and down then headed for his desk.

"Impeccable timing, Miss Spencer, come over here!" he put his bag down and started getting a stack of paper out of it.

I hesitantly walked towards him. Since he's already here, I won't be able to head for the locker room to change into my uniform. Let's hope no hall monitor walks into class for no random reason right now.

"yes?" I quickly asked, he started flipping through the papers then got one out and looked at it carefully. He then gave me a disappointed sigh before shaking his head.

"you've been distracted lately.."

I frowned.

What the hell is he on about?

"I beg your pardon?" I encourage him to explain more and he simply handed me the paper.

After I took one mere look at it, I almost immediately went into cardiac arrest.

I felt like I was thrown out of this dimension straight into the blackest hole ever.

Remember that quiz we took where I forgot a couple of key questions?

Well, apparently, I didn't just forget questions; I also answered a few wrong. I stared at my paper with the giant, red, circled B- on it.

I've never seen such a thing in my lifetime. My name next to a grade that wasn't an A+. This was a completely foreign concept to my eyes. They didn't know where to look anymore. They forgot they were eyes for a second and I felt them try to roll out of my skull to tackle the wilderness on their own.

I'm going to have a panic attack.

"This has got to be a mistake" I deny.

I refuse to accept this grade. He better grade it again because when I did it in my head, at worst I figured I would get an A-. I flipped through my quiz to search for what went so damn wrong.

I finally spotted some mistakes, they were so idiotic and silly I never in a million years would have made those in my normal state. I had trouble recognizing my quiz paper.

Was this garbage really mine?

"oh, there has been plenty of mistakes alright" Mister Henderson scolded, "but not from my end.."

I could do without the attitude right now you steaming piece of dog shit!

Ok, that was uncalled for. He did nothing wrong. I need to calm down.

"These mistakes were very out of character for you Miss Spencer. Missed minus signs, wrong formulas and forgetting to convert measuring unites before applying them, as well as completely forgetting questions. You were out of focus. "He sat down on his desk and put his glasses over his nose.

"I'm starting to rethink my decision of pairing you with mister Miles. Although the results on his side are amazing, you're getting distracted by him."

The possibility of losing Alexander as a lab partner scared me to death for some reason, more than the awful grade I was facing. And I hated that. Since when did I become like this?