Chapter 31

Chapter 31: Nicole, oh Nicole.

I walk out of the spa feeling refreshed like never before. Even my face has returned to its usual state, just with an extra glow.

My eyes were puffy and very dark before I came in because of the crying and heaps of work I submerged myself into to stop thinking of him.

I have failed to stop thinking of the fact that he betrayed me in a way I never expected.

I get inside my car and I drive to his company, hoping that he won't know that I'm there because I'm not ready to face him. I will probably run to him and throw myself at him and honestly that just doesn't suit me. It's not my style so it's better I don't see his gorgeous whore material face. I want to finish my last job with them and terminate their contract with immediate effect.

They are a big fish, sure, but I have more than enough small fish to substitute them ten times over.

I walk in, going to the finance department and giving them a complete file of my discoveries along with solutions to the problems I found. Then I submit the termination of contract documents.

"For these to be granted, they need to be signed by the CEO because he's the one who handled the contract." the man I handed it to says, annoying me.

"I'll leave these and my PA will come and fetch them as soon as they are available." I say before shaking his hand and leaving his office.

I enter the lift and I find a petite but beautiful lady dressed in a very simple flowy dress.

"Hey." she says and I nod in acknowledgement.

Her phone rings and she answers.

"Austin, just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't drive." she says and it clicks in place that this woman right here is the one who has added poison inside my pot.

She gets off the phone and I pause the lift, grabbing her attention. This bitch must and will pay for the pain I feel in my heart this very moment.

"Excuse me, what the hell are you doing?" she asks, her eyebrows scrunched in shock.

"Nicole, oh Nicole. You chose the wrong couple to mess with." I say, walking slowly towards her like a predator does to its prey.

"Who are you?" she asks.

"I will ask you a few questions and if you lie to me..." I stray off, pulling out my gun fitted with a silencer already from my handbag and she begins to shiver in fear.

"I won't hesitate to shoot one into your heart." I say, rubbing the gun along her cheek.

I see sweat forming on her forehead.

Good.

I take my phone out, pressing record.

"Are you pregnant?" I ask.

"Ye-yes." she answers and I aim the gun at her pregnancy and she shuts her eyes in fear.

"Open your eyes and look at me. Who is the father?" I ask and she gulps.

"Raymond." she says, that name sounding familiar.

"Ravetti?" I ask and she nods.

"Speak!" I yell.

"Yes! I'm not two months pregnant. In fact, I'm two and a half months pregnant. I was already pregnant when Austin and I slept together. I just did a virginal tightening plastic surgery which was very successful because Austin believed that I'm a virgin." she confesses in one breath.

"What is he up to?" I ask, more myself than her.

"Raymond told me to claim pregnancy for Austin a few days before your wedding so that you guys break up. I don't know why." she says again in one breath. I struggle to hear her words but I catch the important aspects.

I let the elevator work again and I stuff my gun inside my bag after warning her to not say a word or else I'll kill everything and everyone who is associated with her. I then rush to my car, driving home in a wild frenzy.

I leave my car running when I get home, running inside the house.

"Where is my family?!" I yell and different locations of the house are mentioned.

"Find them and tell them that there is an impromptu meeting at the boardroom. Run!!!" I say and I walk to the boardroom, taking my time.

I enter the boardroom, taking a seat at my usual place.

My family walks in one by one, wondering why I'm holding an impromptu meeting. When they are all present and settled, I play the recording and their expressions are different shades of shock.

"So the bastard destroyed my wedding. He planned everything. Austin is just trying to be an honorable man and Raymond is taking full advantage of it." I say and Vadins face hardens.

"We should have taken him out when we had the chance to. I don't think that girl will keep quiet though, about what happened so he probably already knows that we know his plans. I hate to say this, but your stupid boyfriend is a good man and that is being used against him. But he should have kept it in his pants and none of this would be happening." he says, pissing me off with his last statement.

"If not for the fact that Austin dragged me out that restaurant, I was going to probably sleep with Raymond so your last statement is null and void. In fact, I'm calling him right now." I say, taking out my phone and going to my contacts to search for Raymonds number.

"That isn't a good idea." Andrew says, shaking his head.

"He is willing to do anything just to get me isolated from Austin, why, I don't know. So I'll just run to him in tears and act vulnerable and shit. I'm going to do what I should have done centuries ago." I say, finding his number and just when I'm about to call him, my mother smacks my hand, hard.

"Oww! Mom?!" I exclaim, my hand aching.

"He is playing some sort of game. We don't know what he wants. Whether it is to attack you or whatever. I will not have you play into his hands, especially when you're this emotional." she says, confiscating my phone as if I'm a grounded teenager.

"I can't allow the love of my life to marry that whore. Never! I'm the one he will marry." I say, crossing my arms.

"If he loves you, he will not marry her. He made the decision to, let him deal with it." Mom says, frustrating me further

As much as I want to listen to my family, my heart tells me that I will never love another man the way I love Austin and so, he is the one I want to grow wrinkly, fat and ugly with.