Chapter 20: Should not touch

After making the proposition, Fuya expectantly looked at the surrounding people, however the staff were all too shocked and failed to respond.

Taking their silence for hesitation, Fuya added. "You don't have to see this as a reward, I just want my Peipei to live in a more comfortable environment."

She did not lie, it was indeed one of the reasons.

The cubs' living quarters, or the so called cub house, was the most important building at every nursing club. It was there that the cubs spent all their time and in order to improve the cubs' daily life, it was of course necessary to construct a well-equipped and high quality cub house.

When the surrounding people finally came to their senses, they accepted her proposal and discussed it in more detail. The current cub house had in fact many shortcomings and after talking, they decided to simply build a second house.

Everything moved along smoothly and an independent architect, hired by the Kuhti cub's parents, soon showed up at the Yunbao branch.

Fortunately, the property owned by the president was large and their club had a lot of open space to use.

They decided to put the new building next to the old cub house and for the following days, Xie Tao discussed the new house's design with the architect.

Not long after, the construction team arrived and after confirming that there was no problem with the blueprints, the construction started.

Compared to the last time, this construction team used some kind of soundproofing device and it was much quieter. No matter how much noise they made, it did not disturb the people next door and the cubs had no problem sleeping.

As the entire construction process was silent, Xie Tao almost felt was if the new cub house had magically appeared out of the thin air.

The new house was a second storey villa, with the first floor being where the cubs spent all their time. The overall interior design was very warm and bright, they had used many different warm tones to bring out this feeling and naturally it also had a touch of childishness to it.

The living room was especially spacious and unlike the old house were they could not let the cubs play freely all at once without risking them hurting themselves, they now had enough space to have many different toys and let the cubs play happily.

Hence, even when the weather was bad and the cubs could not go out and play in the courtyard, they would still be able to move about and get enough exercise while indoors.

The living room floor was also covered with a soft carpet to add comfort when they ran around and potentially tripped.

The hatching room in the new house was built on the second floor. In order to minimize the space being taken up by other things on the first floor, an additional storage room was also put on the second floor to hold the spare materials.

There was still a smaller storage room on the first floor, but it only held daily necessities and was not as large or as full as the one in the old house.

Although higher quality, the rest of the facilities were rather similar to the old house. However one of the biggest differences was that according to Xie Tao's request, an indoor pool had been built in the new house.

Xie Tao installed the previous purchased water temperature regulation device in the new pool and then brought the mermaid cub from the small pool to the slightly bigger one inside.

Since the mermaid race originally lived in the ocean, Xie Tao had considered that an outside environment might be more comfortable for the mermaid cub. But if the pool was indoors, the mermaid cub would be closer to the other cubs and the cubs who could swim would be able to play with him in the water.